Peter Troisi EQ Boards for MCI JH-636

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sage

Hello there

As a 15 year proud owner of an MCI JH-636 constantly looking for possible improvements, I came across a post about an EQ board that would fit in place of the stock MCI which is not fantastic... unless you have the 3 knobs version for Mids sweepable which I don't...

Supposedly such boards were built by engineer PETER TROISI - all net searches ended up in a dead end since he passed away in 2012 -

Is there anyone out there who might have information on such mod? It could be good to make it a DIY project and make it available for MCI owners.

My board has been recapped with different values, cleaned up, stereo buss modded with all class A Jensen 990 C - we also created new pre-amps based on the Jim Williams MAT 02 suggestions and LT1357 - plus i have several John Hardy press in it, with Jensen Transformers  - it sounds truly great and it's miles away from a stock one... but the EQ could be way better so this mod sounds so very interesting....

Sage

www.speakeasystudiosla.com

I know that the now defunct Hillside Sound (Dae Bennett's studio) had a custom in-line console made by Peter that I seem to recall having eq like those.    I have no idea about where that console is right now (maybe it's still at the "house"), but maybe you could reach out to him and see if he still has any info/manuals from it.  I just did and hopefully, he'll get back to me.

Cheers,

Eric-

Thank you Eric

that is very helpful - I keep my fingers crossed and will do some research on my end as well !

THANK YOU!

Sage

Bumping this in the off chance that you came across a schematic for Troisi's JH600 eq.  I'm looking into buying a JH600 and would be very interested in this mod myself.

I wish... I have co me to a dead end and it's a real pity that no one has info or willing to share info on that  -

I love my 636 - it's all modded and sounds amazing and these boards with some work and dedication can give a lot of satisfaction  -

I have info on modding Master Buss and Recap Values to improve the overall sound quality - also have we made custom mic pres with MAT 02 and different OpAmps....

You can email me at [email protected]  or [email protected]

Bryant if you find something out PLEASE share with other MCI users or if anyone out there could point out to the Troisi EQ Boards or schematics please do....

Sage

Latest posts

Back