Brexit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
I always thought "mules" were used to carry illegal drugs across national borders, often secreted in their alimentary canal.

That's what we call them in Europe. Don't really know if drug traffickers are called the same here.

I see lots of spam offers for free money (I seem to win  one lottery that I didn't enter every few months  ::) ), but I never heard of anybody actually profiting from such fraud, other than the spammers..  There are always miscreants working angles that provide opportunities to steal.

I know a couple of victims. Poor enough to fall for this kind of scam. And, yes, they get money. Once, twice...

That leads to them becoming recruiters. Their friends will notice them having money all of a sudden. And they too will fall for it.

If something sounds too good to be true...it is. Hold you hand over your wallet and back away.

They're not taking money from you. That's the part that turns a lot of people onto it. Until the victims get a visit from the fraud sqaud, inquiring how they hacked into a few dozen shops, or a few hundred bank accounts or how they sold iphones that never were delivered. But that takes at least six months. It even might never happen if they're lucky.

One case I encountered, was a very young and not so bright couple in Holland. They got a free online lingerie shop, on the condition they'd also sell iphones via another shop. The lingerie even was real, with a real KvK number, but didn't sell much for lack of promotion. The iphones sold by the hundreds, but were never delivered.

A lynching mob was already being formed. So they had to move quickly. Fortunately, I could convince them to contact the police before the fraud squad arrived.

Police couldn't do a thing, even when they knew who was behind it. The gang operates out of Pakistan, with real and dummy companies all over Europe. It's just too costly to keep following them, as they operate internationally. Starting a new, real company costs less than 500 € and is fast these days, especially in the UK...

KBC knows very well they're being used. They just don't care about the victims. At least, some other banks don't want that kind of scam operators amongst their customers.

Things are a bit funny here , Prime minister condemns the actions of the gang in balaclavas that  stormed the property, and kicked  a few peoples heads in .
Yet not one single word has he said about the actions of KBC ,typical arse licking behaviour that weve come to expect from big money and our politicians here in Ireland  . The head of KBC  needs to be brought into a room and asked 'WTF were you trying to do ,start WW fucking 3 '
Im not a customer of KBC ,but if I was I would have shut the account down on the spot , Id imagine  many Irish people will be doing the same . Did KBC want to kill off its Irish business , thats the only reason I can see for their actions .
Looks like KBC are  willing and able  to launder the proceeds of slavery from poorer places in the world also , but isnt that what banking is all about at the end of the day . 

Today is crunch day for Brexit. No way to call which way it will go.

On the one hand politicians want to show they are in charge, on the other they fear a general election. I have a feeling there will be a lot of abstentions.

Cheers

Ian

EmRR said:
I really feel for all you small business folk in the UK.  The is intolerable.
Who cares for small businesses? Somebody's gonna make a pile of dough; the sterling pound is up... There's no emoticon that carries the grief I feel for citizens betrayed by their politicians.

abbey road d enfer said:
Who cares for small businesses? Somebody's gonna make a pile of dough; the sterling pound is up... There's no emoticon that carries the grief I feel for citizens betrayed by their politicians.

Our many small business members here on this forum......disgruntled citizens they are too, goes without saying. 

abbey road d enfer said:

That is certainly the feeling in our household. A few years back it was the politician's expenses scandal, now it is completely ignoring the wishes of the people just like the bureaucrats in the EU. They should all be shot.

Cheers

Ian

Navigating towards a second referendum? And have the people vote on:

'May deal' Brexit  versus  'No deal' Brexit ?

Latest posts

Back