Brexit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there about to announce tarifs tomorrow , on the back of the no deal vote .
Looks like the Irish beef industry will be in big trouble , the Uk will be free to trade with Brasil after this happens so our product may well no longer be economically viable to produce for export to the UK.

Its probably barely making headlines there in the UK but several suspect packages have arrived to Uk adresses already along with telephoned bomb alerts using recognised code words ,nothing viable so far ,
seems like for the UK to move forward ,the people from the border counties both north and south in Ireland are having to take a step back , back to the bad old days.

The DUP's pact with May in parliment and no  Northern Executive means none of the other political parties from the north  even get a say in how things go .

Brexit was voted in by a disgruntled working class who seemed to believe all the 'Foreigners' would be sent packing and the gates would be closed , I guess you could say Farrage did his job , of stiring up public sentiment in the very same way Trump does it ,incitement might be a more appropriate term .

May looks like she's getting close to the end ,even the voice sounds broken now ,I'm kinda geting the feeling she might be left carry the can through this but only so they'll have someone to blame when it  goes wrong and an election is called .

ruffrecords said:
UKIP always was a small party. In the EU parliament and its committees it had zero influence. It's importance lay in giving UK voters a chance (via proportional representation) to voice their dissatisfaction with the EU. This in turn led to greater exposure of the party at home and greater success in home elections
That's exactly what we see in France, with Marine Le Pen going nowhere in the national elections, but it looks like the RN, her party, will soon have a significant number of MEPs. That would allow them to come back stronger on the local front. As we say here, you throw them out the door, they come back through the window.
That's the beauty of direct proportional suffrage...  :(

Script said:
As for pricing and charity sales.

Maybe announce swap of sale system starting in 2021 or so.

Auction unit one (telling all waiting customers and others about it and sell to highest bidder). This way you get a real demand-based market price.

Simultaneously sell second finished unit at whatever price and to whoever you like most -- could even PR this credibly.
I guess this answer belongs to https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=71883.msg911996#msg911996

Script said:
The dog's Bercows & France might veto extension

Fasten seat belts -- autopilot set for crash.

Everybody in EU is clear, not only France, extension for what ? Door is not closed yet, May just have to explain the reason of the requested extension...
BUT there is no way for June... crystal clear... it have to be before EU election, otherwise there is legal and political issues !!!

still I agree...autopilot set for crash  :-\

I don't get how May ask for June 30 and no EU election... there is a paradigm issue... at this point there is a massive problem in UK to face reality... ridiculous if not dramatic
Is that a strategy ? I don't understand...

Most politician over EU already "reassure" EU citizen... if needed everything is ready for no deal / hard Brexit March 29....

Best
Zam

From here in the UK, everyone I talk to is thoroughly p..ss.d off with the politicians. We always knew they could not organise a piss up in a brewery because they could never agree which brewery to go to. Now they are doing it over Brexit but in spades. A bigger bunch of self important charlatans I have never seen.

Mind you, I hope it drags on a bit longer, I have a few mixers to get out the door.

Cheers

Ian

BUT there is no way for June... crystal clear... it have to be before EU election, otherwise there is legal and political issues !!!
They used that date because although it is after the election, it is before the new MP's meet on the first of July.

DaveP

Just been down the Post office to send a parcel to Austria. The guy told I had got there just in time because they had received a memo to say that from Monday they will require all parcels to the EU to have a customs label attached.

Cheers

Ian

French Europe Minister Nathalie Loiseau summed it up nicely with her pun about her imaginary cat.

"I've ended up calling my cat Brexit, it wakes me up meowing like crazy every morning because it wants to go out, but as soon as I open the door, it just sits there undecided and then looks angry when I put it outside."

cyrano said:
French Europe Minister Nathalie Loiseau summed it up nicely with her pun about her imaginary cat.

"I've ended up calling my cat Brexit, it wakes me up meowing like crazy every morning because it wants to go out, but as soon as I open the door, it just sits there undecided and then looks angry when I put it outside."
Meow... that's funny...

JR

cyrano said:

too real :D

51.5 vs 48.5 in the day of multimedia swing votes ,put the vote to the individual teritories Ireland ,Scotland ,Wales England ,
Brittains up the duffer ,a miseducated working class were hoodwinked into a 'Make (      ) great again' idealism off the back of an emperor with no clothes.

Kingston said:
And I feel you poor buggers, giving unadulterated vote for deep masses on international trade they could not possibly understand. Godspeed.
It is that kind of patronising elitism that the poor buggers voted against.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian
We all know politicians never do anything self-serving... so how do you feel about Farage receiving an €80K/year EU pension, starting as soon as Brexit kicks in?

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

Ha! It's become explicitly clear that many politicians haven't got the skills, knowledge or experience to understand the complexities of international trade agreements. 

Whether the voting public feel patronised or not is quite frankly beside the point now we're down to the nitty gritty, and Kingston is correct - the vast majority of people were (and in very many cases still are) utterly ignorant of the intricacies of the relationship between the EU and Britain.

Latest posts

Back