avdo

Re: ***AVDAUDIO.COM*** DIY kits, tranformers and more
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2019, 05:44:41 PM »
I was going crazy trying to find out why my MP312 build is blowing caps

Come to find out the pcb has a white stripe on the anode of the electro cap footprints for some bizarre reason

For people like me who are too stupid to read the microscopic + and - on the footprint, the cap should look like its backwards
Fuzz Face, hello!
Once I decided the white stripe is a "+" on capacitor. I matched 1/3 of capacitor place by white stripe! It is help me to find "+". But I know it is confuses some guys to solder it right. Sorry me for this please. But I think I must to do better my manuals. It is takes a lot of time. But it is first reason to do this. And I hope to do manual for all projects soon!
But also I hope this top help to avoid same mistake to others in future!
If you will need something else, remember to me please, I will add you something for free!
And hope you are sorry me!

avdo

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »
I’ve been playing around with my newly built MP312 pair this weekend and I’m really happy with them.

They sound and look great. Very nice work, especially with the transformers

Fuzz Face,
Thanks for your comments!

Fuzz Face

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:44 PM »
Fuzz Face, hello!
Once I decided the white stripe is a "+" on capacitor. I matched 1/3 of capacitor place by white stripe! It is help me to find "+". But I know it is confuses some guys to solder it right. Sorry me for this please. But I think I must to do better my manuals. It is takes a lot of time. But it is first reason to do this. And I hope to do manual for all projects soon!
But also I hope this top help to avoid same mistake to others in future!
If you will need something else, remember to me please, I will add you something for free!
And hope you are sorry me!

No worries. It was my fault to not notice the polarity as indicated on the silkscreen. All working perfectly now

I don’t need anything free but thanks for the offer. If you would like any help with your manuals I am happy to help.

The MP312 was an extremely easy build. The PCB itself is quite self explanatory aside from my mistake with the cap polarity.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need help with manuals

avdo

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2019, 02:35:42 PM »
No worries. It was my fault to not notice the polarity as indicated on the silkscreen. All working perfectly now

I don’t need anything free but thanks for the offer. If you would like any help with your manuals I am happy to help.

The MP312 was an extremely easy build. The PCB itself is quite self explanatory aside from my mistake with the cap polarity.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need help with manuals

Fuzz Face, thanks for your job!
I think be better to do new post in "Preamplifiers".
If I will have more questions, think it will be good for all!

Thanks!

PS. sorry for long answer!