***AVDAUDIO.COM*** DIY kits, tranformers and more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add our new project: DIY MicPre MP312 from old API312 mic pre.

1377_big.jpg

Price: 170$ per kit (incl worldwide shipping)

Kit includes:
1)Main PCB (with 4ps of standoffs with screw)
2)L-bracket
3)Face plate
4)In & Out transformers (TR2622 and TR2503)
5)Two API style knobs (incl 6 colored inserts)
6)T-Pad of AVDAUDIO version
7) DOA PCB (version 2520)

More information on the AVDAUDIO.COM

I have five MP36s from Avdo and got to put it to the test this weekend - on drums/guitars/bass

Sounds amazing! the transformers are close to my capis and what I've known as the cinemag-sound

love the saturation you get when driving these pres!

+a great guy!

bogus said:
I have five MP36s from Avdo and got to put it to the test this weekend - on drums/guitars/bass

Sounds amazing! the transformers are close to my capis and what I've known as the cinemag-sound

love the saturation you get when driving these pres!

+a great guy!

bogus, thanks a lot!

One good man have done this video!
This guy is Jared (@zchordstudios) from:
Z-Chord Studios is located in Gainesville, Florida. www.zchordstudios.com.
Thanks a lot, man, fro this job!

Video can find this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ8uSlMkJFo

Thank you and my regards!

Hi!I also ordered 3 pieces of tr 2503 and  tr 2622 which unfortunatley didnt test them yet because I am in the process of finishing those preamps ,but because it was send as a gift I didnt pay any customs which is great + like Bogus said  is a great guy

sub75 said:
Hi!I also ordered 3 pieces of tr 2503 and  tr 2622 which unfortunatley didnt test them yet because I am in the process of finishing those preamps ,but because it was send as a gift I didnt pay any customs which is great + like Bogus said  is a great guy
sub75, thank for you reply!
Yes, we send it as a gift! With 20$ cost on the post lable. And I hope it will help to each guy save you money and any discussing with customs!
We not add resistors, capacitors and other components to kit! You can ordered it separatly in your country. I'm sure, you can receive parts with best quality without any customs payment. It is the second way to save money!
You can download BOM for each kit. It help you choose spare parts.
But all other components have best quality. It is garanty of the best sound!

Don't worry, we will keep warranty time during the year for you and more))))
I sure you will not have any problems!
But if you need something, please, contact with me.

Thanks!

Hi Avdo,

some days ago i received your 2622, 2503 transformers and knobs. I have to say the tranformers are fantastic!!! I compared input trafo with EA2622 and to my ears they are very close in sound (almost identical)....

Material processing level of your transformer and knobs is also very high.

Thank you very much for your great work!

M.

Vac11 said:
Hi Avdo,

some days ago i received your 2622, 2503 transformers and knobs. I have to say the tranformers are fantastic!!! I compared input trafo with EA2622 and to my ears they are very close in sound (almost identical)....

Material processing level of your transformer and knobs is also very high.

Thank you very much for your great work!

M.

Vac11,
Thanks!

Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in and say that I built four of the 312 kits recently. I was really impressed with them. It was a relatively easy build... (making the 2520 opamp is a little tricky, but I understand AVD has a new layout that is a little easier to build)

The faceplate is very minimalist, which I like. There's an LED to let you know if 48v phantom power is on and the knobs are a nice touch. Overall these were a straightforward project

As far as sound... I'm absolutely blown away. They are able to capture some amazing tones from modest levels of gain all the way cranked to 11 (yes there are 11 steps if you go with the Grayhill option) Also the noise floor on these is lower than any preamp I own. Like astonishingly low.

I think user AVDO did a great job with these kits. I'm planning to build another four of the 312 kits and am looking forward to trying their version of the Melcor 1731 opamp when I next order arrives.

I really must say again.
Andrey is a great guy !
Ordered some parts from him.
He's always very helpful, has a great customer service and is always there for a bit tech talk.
His products have nearly zero tolerances and even if there is a problem he is very helpful and try to fix it.
Thank you for all !

Hey guys,
want to give you a small impressions of Andreys 2622 and 2503 Transformers in a 312 copy. I used the gar1731 for this record.
It's unprocessed and played trough Rode NT5 with Michael Joly capsule mod.
It's a demo from my practice room, so no studio application.
I'm also no professional drummer, but I hope you get a impression.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea41z46qlr2xpnr/AVDO%20Transformer%20%2B%201731.wav?dl=0

jordan s said:
The online store says out of stock. Any idea when they will be back?
Hello!
If you ask about input transformer, it will back in stock this or next week!
And some kits will able for order!

If you want to receive information about, when it be ready, send me please personal mail!
I will try to inform you as this  be ready

Great guy! The 2622 and 2503 sound incredible in the 312's. They have a huge, fat  sound.  Will order more!

Latest posts

Back