***AVDAUDIO.COM*** DIY kits, tranformers and more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzz Face said:
I was going crazy trying to find out why my MP312 build is blowing caps

Come to find out the pcb has a white stripe on the anode of the electro cap footprints for some bizarre reason

For people like me who are too stupid to read the microscopic + and - on the footprint, the cap should look like its backwards
Fuzz Face, hello!
Once I decided the white stripe is a "+" on capacitor. I matched 1/3 of capacitor place by white stripe! It is help me to find "+". But I know it is confuses some guys to solder it right. Sorry me for this please. But I think I must to do better my manuals. It is takes a lot of time. But it is first reason to do this. And I hope to do manual for all projects soon!
But also I hope this top help to avoid same mistake to others in future!
If you will need something else, remember to me please, I will add you something for free!
And hope you are sorry me!

Fuzz Face said:
I’ve been playing around with my newly built MP312 pair this weekend and I’m really happy with them.

They sound and look great. Very nice work, especially with the transformers

Fuzz Face,
Thanks for your comments!

avdo said:
Fuzz Face, hello!
Once I decided the white stripe is a "+" on capacitor. I matched 1/3 of capacitor place by white stripe! It is help me to find "+". But I know it is confuses some guys to solder it right. Sorry me for this please. But I think I must to do better my manuals. It is takes a lot of time. But it is first reason to do this. And I hope to do manual for all projects soon!
But also I hope this top help to avoid same mistake to others in future!
If you will need something else, remember to me please, I will add you something for free!
And hope you are sorry me!

No worries. It was my fault to not notice the polarity as indicated on the silkscreen. All working perfectly now

I don’t need anything free but thanks for the offer. If you would like any help with your manuals I am happy to help.

The MP312 was an extremely easy build. The PCB itself is quite self explanatory aside from my mistake with the cap polarity.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need help with manuals

No worries. It was my fault to not notice the polarity as indicated on the silkscreen. All working perfectly now

I don’t need anything free but thanks for the offer. If you would like any help with your manuals I am happy to help.

The MP312 was an extremely easy build. The PCB itself is quite self explanatory aside from my mistake with the cap polarity.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need help with manuals

Fuzz Face, thanks for your job!
I think be better to do new post in "Preamplifiers".
If I will have more questions, think it will be good for all!

Thanks!

PS. sorry for long answer!

Neve boards came back in stock:

BA284
BA283
BA211
BA205
BA182

Vintage design!

133_other_b.JPG

price - 15$ + 3$ shipping

Other boards will back near future!

funkymonksf said:
Is the 312-4 kit available?
funkymonksf, hello!
Yes, this kit is in stock!

You are welcome!
Just want to remind!
We never show total amount on the box. 500 series kit (kits) or parts I show around 20$ only!
If you have 312-4 or 1176 kit - total price of package around 60$.
But if you need especial conditions, send by mail, or write in order. (in the information part).

Only best sound!

Thanks to all!

My AVD 512 builds from this week with AVD 2520 DOA.

Attachments

• 118487679_10157378308377665_5364188260124704039_o.jpg
    118487679_10157378308377665_5364188260124704039_o.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 93
When will you have the neve input transformers back in stock? I'd like to try them.
Please do another batch.
Thanks

I sent you  an email through your site yesterday because gdiy was down, but im looking to buy the 1176 kit, but ideally with out the case-do you intend to stock them again?

3nity said:
When will you have the neve input transformers back in stock? I'd like to try them.
Please do another batch.
Thanks
3nity, hello!

What about NEVE transformers.
I want to do this, they come back in stock. But I don't have any time now to start do them.
Ill try to do it near future, but I don't know when it happens.
Ill inform all you when I start to sale them!

Thanks.

grid_stopper said:
I sent you  an email through your site yesterday because gdiy was down, but im looking to buy the 1176 kit, but ideally with out the case-do you intend to stock them again?
grid_stopper, hello!

Hope I answer to you as well!
They back in stock in January 2021.

Thanks.

avdo said:
grid_stopper, hello!

Hope I answer to you as well!
They back in stock in January 2021.

Thanks.

awesome! is there any chance of buying it without the enclosure?

Thanks for the response!

Back