DRIP Fairchild 670 Matrix wiring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Not enough gear, not enough time.
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone out there has completed a DRIP electronics 670 V1 board with MATRIX switch?

It's the only piece of the puzzle that is missing from Greg's DRIP manual, and the PCB pads don't match the schem, so it makes it hard for me to attempt to trace out each wire and where it needs to go on the multi-layer switch.

To be clear, I have the wiring diagram for the MATRIX switch but Greg has left out a couple of wires, OR not labelled them correctly in the document, so I cant finish off the job.

Would appreciate if anyone found the same, perhaps modded Gregs PDF diagram and could email me an update?

Have tried to ping Greg, but assume the V1 is long gone from his inventory now - but it's taken me so long to save up for those Sowters and the valves !!!

Appreciate any help.
G

Have you guys tried reaching out to Greg? You may have to try a couple of times, but even though those are Rev 1 PCB's, he's real proud of that project. When I have received answers from Greg they have been detailed, sometimes with a little drawing he made just to answer the question.

:) Thanks, Jon..  - and welcome..!

IIRC there was a problem with the transformers that did not balance well enough for being used in MS-matrix - it's somewhere around here, that thread.. I don't know if that answers your question though..

Jakob E.

edit: found it - https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=65838

Thanks.
What an amazing pool of skills and knowledge this is. I will contact Greg again because he was going to look for the diagram last time I spoke with him. I am interested in wiring it the way Greg made it and see what happens

I don´t want to turn this thread into a Drip 670 V1 built thread but I want to rectify my statement from above:
On page 175 + 176 of Drip´s V1 build manual you can find the 2uF timing cap in the right spot, as well as on p. 173+174 on the timing PCB. I have a redrawn schematic in my documents, though, which had the wrong cap value like mentioned above. That was not a Drip document.
BUT the 220k bleeding resistor is missing on p. 175 and 176 (R137/237) for the handwired timing circuit. You can find it on the timing PCB, though.

Servus and Hello,
Building the V3 at the moment and the PCB differs from the V1.
But i have quite a ton of pictures from a working V1 build.
If anyone can provide around 2gb of space i would love to share them.

Greets

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I'm working on troubleshooting my 670 v1 and I seem to have lost my digital manual. For some reason the threshold control is suddenly not working on both channels. I think looking over the manual will help me jog my memory enough to figure this out. Does anyone have a v1 manual they could send me?
Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back