Orban 418a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouge

Am wondering if anyone can help me source either some parts or a schematic. My orban 418a has unfortunately died recently.

my tech has told me it is a faulty release module. I am trying to track one down but it is proving very difficult. we've bee nin touch with Orban in Australia for a schematic and they don't have anything on record. the module is potted but my tech says he will rebuild a replacement if we can find the schematic.

looking for any help.

cheers

I thought Orban were based in the US, or at least when I got in touch with Orban regarding my 424a, I was emailing to the US - not Australia(where I am from).

A little bit of googling turns up this

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?556809-Optimod-8000A-G-R-metering

Looks like whatever is going with that potted unit, its mean to be a secret  ;D

I really enjoy my 424a on vocals, the built in desser is great

Thanks Humner,

it could have been the US, tech said he came to the conclusion the release module was faulty then checked with Orban who did a diagnostic with him and concluded the module as well. I thought it was local but may have been the US.

interesting the module in the 8000 is the same part number and the issue described there is very similar to me. unit works til it heats up then clamps the signal.

I'll email bill sacks and see where it leads.

thanks again.

For future reference.

Here is the Orban 418a service manual with a nice circuit walkthrough and schematics (found at ftp://ftp.orban.com/418A/418A_Manual.pdf)

Latest posts

Back