Prescot inductors order

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradigm X

Hello

Sorry, wasnt sure where to post this. There was a thread in white market i think, but it seems to have disappeared?

I ordered some inductors for the 'poormans' EQ1a from this chap 'prescot' but he seems to have disappeared. It was months ago now. :/

Has anyone received their inductors? Or know a way of getting in touch.

Any ideas gratefully received, and apologies if this is in the wrong area/inappropriate.

Cheers Ben

Hi, you are not alone.  :-\

The white market thread is like a time limited advertisement, the seller has to pay for it.  No money, no white market thread.

I know that one or two guys have received their inductors but most of us are still waiting. I hope they will show up here. It is good to have a place to talk about that issue.

Member shot is trying to contact Peter (Prescott) via email, his inbox here on groupdiy is full.

Thanks for opening up this thread!

Ok thanks!

I dont post here much, so wasnt too sure of protocol etc. Didnt realise white market threads get pruned either. That definitely has implications for situations such as these.

Do you have prescot's email, or are we / you using a 'spokesman'? - i.e 'shot'

Its quite frustrating, i ummed and ahhed about it for ages, then went for it. This would be my first 'pro' diy project. I have built a fair bit of synth DIY tho, and appreciate that long delays are not uncommon. However, lack of communication and threads disappearing is a bit concerning.

Thanks for replying,

Cheers
Ben

I think he was planning to supply inductors as a business which would explain why he had a white market thread rather than a black market one that would have been more appropriate for a group buy for example. I don't think I am giving away any secrets if I tell you a white market thread costs $20 a month.

I suspect Peter found out just how much work is involved in building inductors and how little money you end up making. I am pretty sure he has the inductors; he has posted pictures of them and they look just like the prototype ones he supplied me to try out on the PCB. He seems to be having difficulty finishing them off and shipping them.

I would advise anyone who paid via Paypal to invoke their buyer protection scheme.

Peter's email has been published in another  thread. I suggest you all bombard him with emails.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ben,

you will find the email address here: http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=59065.msg793323#msg793323

As far as I know, buyer protection of paypal is limited to 180 days, but I am not a lawyer.

Cheers

thorsten

I've emailed him couple a days ago after I tried unsuccessfully sending private message.

He responded on the same night. Promised to send me the inductors on wednesday.
He also promised that he will email me when he sends them

Wednesday passed, got no email.

I'm hoping he will respond soon.

What else can we do? Any other member from Hungary who would be willing to meet with Peter and pick up our inductors?
Long shot, I know...
I actually do have few friends in Budapest but it's bumpy
And we don't know in which city Peter is...

The problem is that he confirmed that he made those inductors and all he has to do is post them. And he's avoiding to do that!

Back when the thread in white market was active there was a list of people who ordered and the amounts. I went to count how many inductors he got ordered and converted into money that was around 600 euros. That is serious money he picked up!

What can we do?
Wait...
Give up...
Hire some local rudebwoyz...
  ???

I decided to forget about the inductors myself...
I fail to see what motivation he would have to deliver nearly a year after.
The guy is clearly not accountable and obviously doesn't care.
I think we all got blind sighted because we have so many nice people on the forum.
It bugs me he stills gets support from the community for his other projects after he pulled a fast one.

Regards,

Pierre

anjing said:
It bugs me he stills gets support from the community for his other projects after he pulled a fast one.

Regards,

Pierre

I was not aware he has other projects here. Can you point me to them?

Cheers

Ian

After I've sent few emails to Peter, today I got reply from him saying "Today I shipped!"

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Hi

interesting news. must admit i forgot to email him and havent had a chance.

I will email him when i get a moment.

kind regards
Ben

ruffrecords said:
I suspect Peter found out just how much work is involved in building inductors and how little money you end up making. I am pretty sure he has the inductors; he has posted pictures of them and they look just like the prototype ones he supplied me to try out on the PCB. He seems to be having difficulty finishing them off and shipping them.

I think Ian might be right.

Prescot if you see this thread, please just know that people around here understand if you had to back off from building inductors. We know its a lot of work involved and also we all know how can we at some point be quite motivated to do a project but them when we go back to reality, managing this with the limited time we have, with family, work, financial situation , health problems can really make it hard to finish our "hobby electronic goals".

I would like to ask you to do the right thing and ship the inductors you have to the people that paid for them or refund them the money they paid.

Please make this right.

As I told you before people will understand and forget about it really fast if you make it right now.

Thank you

Hello ,
any news on this?

Anyone else received inductors in the meanwhile?

Although I didnt order inductors from Peter, I felt bad about this situation here in the forum, I sent email to Peter on the 13 of May,
got a reply in the next day:

On 14 May 2016 at 17:50, Peter Halas wrote:
Hi!

I shipped one person this week and I will 1-2 on next week!
Sorry, life is first, cannot do anything, but I will ship 1-2 person a week!
I will ship all of them, I dont need them, and I know what i'm doing is not fare at the moment.
Please tell them on the forum, I will post in a few days about the shipment updates!

Thanks!
Peter

Latest posts

Back