Troubleshooting Low IQ logic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildafriend

I was wondering if I could view someone's logic table to see what their logic circuit troubleshooting procedure is like. 

Thanks regardless,
JP

buildafriend said:
I was wondering if I could view someone's logic table to see what their logic circuit troubleshooting procedure is like. 

How is your logic implemented?

I don't want to sound flippant, but I generally let the synthesis tool work out my logic, and the simulation tool shows me whether what I coded was what I actually wanted.

-a

I think the automation and total recall systems on some SSL 9000 consoles use the MUX chips I'm curious about. I'm trying to dig up a schematic that includes them. My curiosity is not exactly project specific though. I'm into the idea of following just about anything using MUX chips and logic gates to gain a better overall idea of how to troubleshoot and implement logic for signal switching and summing. It would be really cool if one of you knew of a good building block for me to look at and break down. I worked for a Neve tech once who told me when they had logic issues they had to make large tables to figure out where the problem was. He explained it as being pretty complicated.. I wondered why they wouldn't just replace all the chips. Maybe they were after a more specific reason for the failure.

Thanks regardless,

Back