Tele V-75

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Anybody have any info/schematics on a Telefunken V75?
I think it is a summing amp.
Can it be converted to a mic/line amp?
Whats a good price for one?
Thanks!
cj

it's a tube 4 into 1 summing bus
The solid state versions are
Telefunken 675
Neumann 475
Siemens 275

Thre is some talk here about usisng the summing bus properly
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=367&highlight=275
marquettes are selling them asonishingly at $600.00 !!!!!!

CJ, I think it would be a shame to hack that one up! Marquette is expensive.. :evil:

Matthias/Vintage City also have one for sale.. no price though :?

Cj was actually asking for me. I can get a hold of one for $400. If its not going to be able to be a mic pre I'd have to find another one for stereo summing and I just cant afford that right now.

Whats weird is I emailed Dave M. a day or two ago about the v75. maybe thats why he was asking you about it? :shock:

small world...

Winston, I got the package!
Awesome, dude!
Which transformers are which as far as the shiny steel can models?
Thanks!
I need your new email and you don't have a pm box, which I can relate to!
cj :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam:

Thanks John!!!

I opened it up at the store and saw that the input TX's are bv514, I think the input on v76's are bv515. close enough? There were 4 of them and what appeared to be 2 canned TX's and then one of the three layer stacked winding TX.

Yea I would like a schematic too but I've looked, and asked everyone I could think of and nada. I don't think it will sell for a while so we'll see.

$400 ain't alot for it but its alot for me. I want to be sure I can make something worthwhile...

[quote author="bluebird"]I want to pay you for being you.... :green:[/quote]

I would gladly part with whatever is in my bank account right now if I could get someone else to be me once in a while. I've tried this before and have yet to find someone willing to take me up on the offer. Maybe I should up the ante a little? :wink:
W.O'B.

there's a block schematic in an older version (1978) of dickreiter's "tonstudiotechnik". the 4 input trannie's ratio is 1:10, each followed by 2 stages of 1/2 e88cc, decoupled by 200 R to the summing point. after that, there's a lowpass network, then another 2 stages of 1/2 e88cc, and the output stage with again that tube. the output tranny ratio is 5:1.

that's all the block schem says :sad:
but maybe it helps.

No package yet, Winston, but I'm on another planet so it takes a while :grin:

Don't hack that V75! It's an exellent piece of gear and I'm sure someone could use it for it's intended purpose :cry:

Volki, are you saying it's summing resistors are 200 Ohm? It's quite different from the V530 then..

yep, 200 r. that's what the block schem says at least. who knows if there actually is another resistor *in* the block :wink: - you mean, as opposed to the 56k decoupling resistor in the v530?

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I'm aware of a V74 line amp which is up for sale and open to offers. The following is a quote from a recent Ebay auction for one...........

" TELEFUNKEN / TAB V74 Tube Line Amp in mint condition – Vintage German 1959 - 1960’s. The V74 tube amp comes from the same source as V76 and V72 tube mic preamps! Top German quality from the days of superior sounding tube equipment. Can be used in a line chain to warm up the sound significantly and add gain, either at +9dB or switchable internally by +15dB. The V74 also has a second totally independent +6dB output. Impedance: Input: 12kOhm, Outputs 20 Ohm & 60 Ohm. "

:cool:

Latest posts

Back