DB54 - 2254 style compressor {update 22.10.19}

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!

Was pretty busy last 2 or 3 weeks. But I did not waste time in vain! 8)

Here we go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h6disbznp28bn7/2016-09-21%2022.00.03.mov?dl=0

So now compressor works as it should, sounds amazing (I like on drums a specially). Need to calibrate meter and check time constants.
Next step - fix a couple bugs on pcbs that I found during first run.

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah !
I second that, sounds really good !

I'm definetely in for 2 boards !

Well, now 2254 fully calibrated and works as it should!
All bugs on boards have corrected. Boards and front panel are redrawn.
I've added one more option - THRESHOLD and MAKE-UP GAIN can accept both, potentiometer for smooth adjusting or  rotary switch for stepped and fully recallable  adjusting.

I've calculated two kits:

- first kit will contain BA185, BA191, BA283 boards, board for joining BA cards, face board for switches and 24V psu board. This kit will be available for shipping by end of october.

- second kit will contain first kit plus face panel and 1U enclosure. This kit will be available for shipping by end of november.

Of course kits will be supplied with a full information for happy build, including step-by-step instructions :p

Who are interested -  contact me with personal message or with e-mail [email protected] (as GDIY personal message can overflow quickly)
I think that in nearly days I will open whitemarket thread for more open information about how to purchase kits.

Attachments

• DB54 face copy.jpg
    DB54 face copy.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 155
Hi,
tried to pm you, but your mailbox is full !

I want to have 2 of them

thanks a lot for doing this !!!

regards,
Andreas

kosi said:
Hi,
tried to pm you, but your mailbox is full !

I want to have 2 of them

thanks a lot for doing this !!!

regards,
Andreas

Yep, mailbox is ready for purchasing messages . Just send you a massage!

innercityman said:
Hi,

is there a BOM or a mouser cart for this build ?

Thanks

I'm currently making it)

There are will be partlists, bom for mouser and banzaimusic carts, build instruction.

and YEs! If one of you guys want to hear how DB54 works with your music material,  just send me the file  and I will processing it with DB54.

Back