• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Tesla ECC802S NOS tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koit

For sale genuine NOS Tesla ECC802S frame grid long plate tubes.
From 1971-1974 production. Low-noise, low-microphonics.
Replica of the famous Telefunken ECC802S tall plate with flanges.
Only Telefunken and Tesla made real frame grid ECC802S tubes.
Tested ,matched & balanced with Eico 667 tube tester.
Asking 25 € for one plus shipping from Estonia.

Attachments

• P1283287.JPG
    P1283287.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 48
This is not my fancy. Look here: http://www.tubemonger.com/Tesla_NOT_JJ_MINT_NOS_1979_82_ECC802S_Tall_PL_CZ_p/971.htm
Was Telefunken incorrect when he says that some tubes  like EF86, E80F, AC701 are low noise & low microphonic without any measured numeric noise parameter in databook?  Source:Telefunken Röhrentaschenbuch 1973
Please tell  where there is a capability in 2016 to measure noise parameters of the AF tubes?

koit said:
This is not my fancy. Look here: http://www.tubemonger.com/Tesla_NOT_JJ_MINT_NOS_1979_82_ECC802S_Tall_PL_CZ_p/971.htm
Was Telefunken incorrect when he says that some tubes  like EF86, E80F, AC701 are low noise & low microphonic without any measured numeric noise parameter in databook?  Source:Telefunken Röhrentaschenbuch 1973
Please tell  where there is a capability in 2016 to measure noise parameters of the AF tubes?
I have generally found that a lot of NOS tubes are noisy and microphonic. They may have been low noise when they were made but many seem to have changed in nearly 50 years so that you can no longer rely on what the manufacturer said which is why I asked if you had tested for noise. Microphonics is if anything worse. I am sure the grids become weakened over the years and begin to become flexible.

I do not think there any standard test rigs for measuring tube noise but it is easy to build a test rig to measure noise.

Cheers

Ian

Back