Cut Sheet laminator (wrinkle, wrinkle little star)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

Does anyone here have any experience with Cut-sheet laminators?

I have a unit that needs a complete service check (or even just a somewhat correct calibration), and although I can identify some problems with the service manual in hand, its painfully obvious that it takes some hands-on experience.

Its been serviced under a  "common sense repairs" regime for years, and I have noone at hand to do one better.

Even if you know someone....

Gustav

Not that I know anything . . . but if the stock feeds even the slightest bit crooked it will wrinkle. That can be from hitting an edge guide, but more likely from a pinch roller being tighter on one end than the other, resulting in different effective roller diameters left end vs right end.

-frank

Dumbascii said:
Not that I know anything . . . but if the stock feeds even the slightest bit crooked it will wrinkle. That can be from hitting an edge guide, but more likely from a pinch roller being tighter on one end than the other, resulting in different effective roller diameters left end vs right end.

-frank

Thanks for the feedback.

I feel like I have everything covered as far as symptoms and cause, and you are spot on about this being a possible cause.

For example,  have a problem with a servo being activated to do vertical allignment by mistake. I can figure out the problem, but I can't even locate the friggin sensors, and the maintenance staff just scratches the back of their heads when I show them a mechanical drawing and go "wheres this located on the unit?" "Could we at least try to find and clean the opto cells?" etc.

So, its the experience thats missing...

Im afraid Ill leave it completely busted if I open it up and go to war.

Gustav

Back