AKG BX2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_e_p_p

Not a BX20 but a BX2.
Different design concept and interesting sound. Driven by the aux-out of the mixing desk and amplified through the mic-pre. It consists of one appr. 60cm U-shaped spring with one coil each side. Just did a quick tracking of the pcb and it looks like 'send' and 'receive' is done by the same coils. Haven't had much time to investigate the internal transformer but here is where the magic happens and the wet signal gets subtracted for the output. Unfortunately there's not much information in the web. The decay is really long for this small unit. The sound is tonal but easy to handle with an eq.

Just got this one for repair since one channel was broken.  Developed a new BX2 head for my winding machine and produced some spare coils. If you have a broken BX2 feel free to send me a PM. These are easy to install.

BX_2_.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

Hi!
Just stumbled across this whilst researching the bx2.
And the reason for me searching for the bx2 is I’m looking for parts for my bx10!

It seems the input coil/coils have failed. I’ve had the thing for years and sent it to a handful of technicians but to no avail. The part is impossible to find and akg sold off their stock years ago.

I couldn’t help notice in your post that you re-wound your own coils!?!

Would these be the same design as the bx10 coil?
I know the values are different but....
if you’re capable would you be able to wind me some coils?
It’s been such a heartache having this thing as a deadweight.
I’d pay you handsomely!
Also, if it’s a case of it not being worth setting up for a small run then I would say there is a market for these as this seems to be a wide problem with the bx10 and bx15.
I’d even be willing (if you didn’t want to set up shop) to buy a bulk load and supply them to people who would need them.

Apologies for the length of this message I’m just at my wits end and your post has given me hope!

I have images of the tank coils if that helps.
Cheers

I’ll admit I haven’t searched for a year or so because I had given up/had other projects and problems to solve.
From a quick search this afternoon I did find the thread about the Berliner making or having coils for the bx20. Is that sepp? Only that his profiled time zone doesn’t correlate with Berlin.

I got one set of coils for my bx20 from Christoph in berlin.  They are tricky to install but they sound excellent and he was great to deal with...

Latest posts

Back