Beesneez M49 Feeler, Now Ready to ship!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mics

Hi all.

Thanks for you many warm and loving comments over the last few months.  We really do appreciate our Audio community.

I've noticed that many of you are still struggling to get an m49 style body for you project. 

At this stage, this is just a feeler but if  there was a need, I'd be happy to make a few hundred body's so that you can all get on with making your Mics!

Perhaps you could all register your interest here. 

The body's would be made to fit the Poctop boards and would have the original dimensions.

We  may or may not finish the body the same as the original.  We may use  the nickel powder coat rather than bead blasting as the finish is more stable  and uniform.  This will prevent delivery delays and other related issues.

If we go ahead, we will not take any payments until we are ready to ship.  We will though need to take numbers so we know how many we need to make.

Thanks all. 

We look forward to hearing from you in this thread.

Wow! A little too late for me since I've already purchased a body. I'm jealous of those who will end up with one of these bodies though. I have a Beesneez made Elam 251 body and it's both solid and beautiful!

I would be interested in 2xM49 body's. Would there be a mount as well? And what kind of price do you think it will be?

Kind regards
John

Hi all. 

A few thoughts for you all to think about!

Options:

1) we make a mic that is dimensionally accurate, powder coat the body and supply a mount to fit. The mic could either have a binder or neutrik connector, pressed head grille and internal holes to fit the PocTop boards (round ones).

The price would be AUD480-600 (350-450USD)

2) we can make a body that looks like a clone.  We can bead blast the bodies and grilled and even source the Jewel for the front.  We could supply with a binder connector and instead of a shock mount, we could build the stand mount that comes off the cable connector. 
The cost for this version would naturally be higher.  We assume that it would end up at approx AUD699-899 (500-650USD)

Hey Ben, I seem to recall you're pretty fond of the M49 yourself.
And didn't it partly inspire you when you designed the Arabella?

Anyway, there'll be quite a few looking for the clone thing. But there are one or two sources for that.
So maybe it would be nice to have an alternative that has the correct dimensions but with the BeesNeez twist. That is, built like a tank.
Not so sure about the pressed head grille. But ruling nothing out for now.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Henk

micaddict said:
Hey Ben, I seem to recall you're pretty fond of the M49 yourself.
And didn't it partly inspire you when you designed the Arabella?

Anyway, there'll be quite a few looking for the clone thing. But there are one or two sources for that.
So maybe it would be nice to have an alternative that has the correct dimensions but with the BeesNeez twist. That is, built like a tank.
Not so sure about the pressed head grille. But ruling nothing out for now.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Henk

Hi Henk. Thanks for your thoughts. 

The pressed grille will be as per original m49 made using mesh in a die press.  I hope this clarifies things. 

Thanks.

Ben

Thanks guys.

If we can get the momentum moving a bit, I'll make a start on them really soon. 

I've made a start on the internals and am about to make the die for the head grille.

maq3396 said:
How many orders do you need to make this viable Ben

If we can get 25 firm "ill have one" posts then I will be ready to go.  no need to pay upfront, you can pay when we are ready to ship.

cheers

Ben

Latest posts

Back