Mixer Console build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, WOW, WOW!

Just read through the whole thread. Much respect on your design skills as the mixer looks great and by your specs probably sounds great too. I'll have a listen once I get the speakers fired up. I just posted in a separate thread about modifying a Soundtracs Solo mixer. Any tips /ideas would be gratefully received. Cheers, Al

Wowza! You guys are blowing my mind with all these DIY consoles. I imagine the budget is a bit large, but with the inflation these days and price of a new console, not to mention old refurbished consoles, I gues it makes sense.  I hope there’s some cash left over for really good converters  ;)

Once again great work! I look forward to hearing great recordings from all these DIY consoles.

I haven't updated this in a while, but at the same time I haven't been working on the mixer much lately, as always something else gets in the way.

I must give a shout out to Timothytitus88 - https://groupdiy.com/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=30225 - who did the CNC'ed aluminum panels for my mixer. They came out perfectly and look fantastic as you can see. Definitely get in touch with him for any CNC work.

Made some headway with the bus channels. Still a fair bit to do, just need to sit down and do it...

warpie said:
Hummer, how much did the whole thing cost? It's OK if you don't wanna say but I though I'd ask anyway  :)

Really looking forward to watch the youtube videos!

Hard to say really, if I add up all the big ticket items and then guess on the rest, between 6-8kAUD ?

ilfungo said:
GREAT WORK Hummer!!!
Can you share your console block diagram?

When I find some time to make one, I will!

With that being said its not that exciting. Similar flow to say a Allen and Heath System 8 or other cheap desk from the 80's

ruffrecords said:
I like the way you have not fallen into the trap of cluttering up the modules. How wide are they?

Cheers

Ian

34mm - I spent a lot of time working out what this would be, I feel any smaller would be too small.

Here is the mixer in its current state...

mixer2.jpg

So you switched out the purple (plastic?) face plates for anodized aluminum?  I like it as it's more...a sleeper now. :)

Appreciate the no BS, straightforward design. Well done!

Hi

Rocinante said:
Beautiful.  Those sifam always add a nice touch. Any plans for automation?

yes...automation will be the ultimate option...
In case, I can help  ;)

Best
Zam

Back