• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 2x Pultec MB-1 Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braeden

Howdy folks,
I'm hoping to sell these two Pultec MB-1 replicas I made a few years ago. They're beautiful tube pres with a good amount of gain for just about any mic (ribbon included). They also have a JLM switchable interface for 48V, -20dB and polarity. The phantom power is regulated through an mnats power supply which does a great job. LED display for phantom power.

Front & rear panels are custom made and printed/machined by Front Panel Express

Each unit comes with different output transformers, the top one has Sowter 1290s and the bottom has vintage Altec 15095 transformers. All components are of the highest quality (WIMAs, Panasonic NHGs, high tolerance resistors, thick PCBs, JJ Golds).
qyOfT0R.jpg

2oU0UHv.jpg

If you're interested make me an offer, buyer will pay shipping!

Cheers

Looking beautiful!
What kind of tube-preamp sonics are these?
Clean, guitar-tubish, fat..?

@braeden your inbox is full.

I'm interested in the one with the Sowters. What sort of price are you looking for?

On a related note: do you still have any PCB's available? I have a Peerless K-241D that I want to pop into a circuit.

Hi,
Sorry, I had no idea the inbox capacity had shrunk so much.

You're welcome to shoot me an offer!  :)

Thanks!
Braeden

Back