PCB Fab House Suggestions for Gold Plated 500 Series Connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

The hard gold plating for the 500 series edge connector adds significant cost.

So any suggestions for a good quality reasonably priced place? Lower quantities like 25-50 pcs.

For good, predictable and consistent quality, I'd recommend someone like my supplier "PrintLine" in Denmark (that PCBGrinder uses/runs). Probably not the cheapest, but very far from being expensive...

In general, for PCB's you really get what you pay for. Seen very few exceptions to this.

Jakob E.

I looked up Printline and their prices are very reasonable, wonder if there is an equivalent in the US? There are places for regular PCBs, but things get  unreasonable when you need the gold plating.

PrintLine only recently started their in-house gold line - but I think it's getting more common that pcb manufacturers do gold as part of the service.

Also ask yourself: Do you actually need gold?

Jakob E.

john12ax7 said:
The hard gold plating for the 500 series edge connector adds significant cost.

So any suggestions for a good quality reasonably priced place? Lower quantities like 25-50 pcs.

Hi gyraf,  you can see this article for reference : http://www.instructables.com/id/Quick-PCB-Prototyping-Where-to-Make-Our-Own-PCB-/

Latest posts

Back