Got new weller station on sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIce. We got one of those at work. It works real well my only issue is ours has the more square/flat tip VS a Tip oh well. I have been doing Various TT - connections snakes with it all week and not one problem. I got this one at home for my DIY stuff. It's a weller as well.

I have that station, and it's quite nice... but it comes with the 1/8" chisel tip, and you really need to get a 1/16" or 1/32" tip for any sort of reasonable work.

Get an ST6 or ST7 tip, you'll be happy with that :)

Yeah, I use that weller iron at work all the time...it's definitely the best soldering iron i've ever used. The cord is nice and flexible unlike my tektronics iron...

I'm on my second. They had upgraded it so that the wand is on a 2 prong plug for much easier replacement. Banged my first one around too much, I guess - the heating element died. Other than that, I love them.

Bear

> Canadian dollars or USD?

http://www.all-spec.com/support.html#accepted
Pricing
All prices are in U.S. Dollars.

However, I put that iron in my Shopping cart, it adds a $8 "PROC-FEE" handling fee, but no iron??? OK, they have 1 in-stock and 24 more expected today... hmmmmm.....

So I try to order something that IS in-stock, and get "Status: 500 Server pipe read error. 0"

I hope their products work better than their website.

It is a Weller , but the one's we have in europe are completly different than the one's on that picture.
The new Weller norm is 80W , but the old 50 will do as well.

Yeah I've got a Weller at home and a Metcal at work. The Metcal RIPS! It heats up in less that 10 seconds and has some kind of technology that adds heat to the tip depending on what is touching it. F*&%in awesome. I'm gonna have to take it with me when I leave.

Joel

I got my weller (wtcp-something, tip-controlled temperature) almost 25 years ago - and allthough I had to change the thermo switch once (yes, ALL spare parts are still easily avaliable for this 30-some years old model..) and the cable twice, I would never consider anything else for soldering. I still remember the feeling of how easy soldering suddenly was compared to my old "hobby" soldering iron..

Jakob E.

I've got one of these Hakko units.
http://www.hakkousa.com/products.asp?PID=936-9&page=1
The one I have (936)is no longer made, but they have some really cool looking new units.

Back