Recapping Mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks I am recapping a mixer and I am looking for 10uF and 1uF values of Nichicon UHE series capacitors but everywhere I look seems to be out of stock.

How important is it that I use the same values ?

Thanks

It depends on the role of cap in the circuit - schematic would be useful here :)
Why you need Nichicon UHE?  You can use any capacitor.

I am pretty sure they are decoupling capacitors that I will be replacing.

I am set on Nichicon UHE because of their long lifespan. Panasonic FR was also an option but they don't go down below 18uF unfortunately.

Phlips (as many other manufacturers) also have series with long lifespan and low impedance and other blah blah.

Usual you can use polarised instead of bipolar, but mostly is better to use bipolar than polarised (if application allows).
You can also connect two polarised to get bipolar. If value is small and it's audio path also foil caps are pretty good replacement.
Usual small value (small size) which doesn't cost too much are up to 4.7uF. There are also some 6.8uF and 10uF in small packages, but usual pricey (if we count for example even one cap for each channel from 12 as example also).

For Bipolar, why not look at the Panasonic SU series?

You can get 1uf and 10uf values in this range. I have used them when recapping older 70's Yamaha desks as they are full of bi-polar caps.

Back