3D printer knobs wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,

Those can likely be 3D printed directly...at least for the purpose of rapid prototyping.

Depending on your needs that may be sufficient or could also be molded with a more solid polymer...white as a color is much easier!

A diagram with dimensions would be fine.

Take care
Mac

emrr said:
Ya know what knob is mosts in need of replication?  The Altec/Langevin/Electrodyne/etc 'Rolo' fader knob. I get asked for a stash of these constantly, and could use 20-30 myself. 

0003405_altec-9073a-graphic-eq-plus-fairchild-661tl.jpeg

Yes! 
I've been trying to find some (16) of these rolo's with pretty much no success.  Any 2017 suggestions?
Anyone want to seriously consider fabrication to fill a empty spot in the fancy rolo fader cap market !?

If you can provide some dimensions I am happy to dabble at it.

A picture of the under surface would be useful as well.

I can print these in resin so should be high quality.

Have to see what can be done about the red color.

Prototypes would be frosted-clear.

Cheers
Mac

The collets are a nice adjunct.

Still interested in printing some demos of these if there is an interest.

Cheers
Mac

I do a lot on the 3d printer.  I've done a bunch of audio related things and was considering doing knobs as well.  3d print is never going to look exactly like a molded or milled/painted piece.  That being said for proto purposes is amazing.  You can then take your stl file and have a shop produce them. 

Reason for posting, if anyone wants to dabble, tinkercad.com you can design your own stuff and output an stl file.  No cost and you can get some pretty crazy stuff done with the limitations of the service.

Back