Pultec MEQ-5 and HLF-3C PCB's?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfaceaudio

I've ordered a Drip EQ1 PCB set to build a recreation of the Pultec EQP-1A. But I've been having difficulty finding PCB's for the MEQ-5 and HLF-3C units. Gyraf Audio has the schematic for the MEQ-5 section, but I can't find anyone offering a PCB for that schematic.

They really are all very simple and hardly warrant a circuit board-my EQP1a's have all the filter caps mounted on the switches and the remaining components on 2 tag strips behind the valves

Don Audio has A MEQ-5 circuit board.

https://www.don-audio.com/Classi-PEQ-Filter-PCB-Passive-Equalizer_1

I have wanted to build one but have not pulled the trigger. Still trying to decide to use tube output or one of don audio units.

Bonsaimaster

That's exactly what I've been looking for. I'm waiting on a Mouser order for some of the EQP-1A parts, but this will certainly go on the list of things to build in the near future.

Love to get your input on your build. I was going to use a tube make up gain. But would like to know what input output transformers you are going to use.

Bonsaimaster

I'm looking at the tube gain stage from the Poor Man's Pultec that Ian from Ruffrecords sells. I still have to figure out if it'll work properly for the MEQ PCB from Don.

Back