NEW: authentic style LA2A, Pultec EQP-1A, MEQ-5 & Ultimate Mic-PSU chassis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the last three pieces of these beautiful Analogvibes LA2A chassis on stock for those of you guys who did not join fast enough here, need them urgently, for spare or whatever - they are for sale and i will try to get a small buffer from Martin from the new batch as well  :) Don

I was wondering whether there is some news about the revised PSU chassis supporting the PCBs from Chunger/Matador? I would be interested in these for an ELA M251E build.

The revised PSU chassis are already in stock & available.
Just send me an email ;)

Thanks
Martin

Neutrino said:
I was wondering whether there is some news about the revised PSU chassis supporting the PCBs from Chunger/Matador? I would be interested in these for an ELA M251E build.

Hi Martin,

I received the MEQ-5 chassis and the quality is stunning. Thank you!

To me, there is only one problem on both of my units : the screws of the filterbox base (so the screws attaching the fiter box to the chassis) do not match the holes in the chassis. There's at least a 2mm height difference, so the box can't even be forced in. I need to redrill two holes on each chassis.  :(

Flowjow said:
Hi Martin,

I received the MEQ-5 chassis and the quality is stunning. Thank you!

To me, there is only one problem on both of my units : the screws of the filterbox base (so the screws attaching the fiter box to the chassis) do not match the holes in the chassis. There's at least a 2mm height difference, so the box can't even be forced in. I need to redrill two holes on each chassis.  :(

What?!
That was a known problem and
all chassis were supposed to be corrected.

Let me investigate.
I personally had some of the corrected chassis in hand and the filter unit fit perfectly.

Anyway you can return the back part of the chassis free of charge and we'll replace them with corrected ones - just wait until you get a "retour" stamp from don-audio (who takes care of shipping & handling for me)

If you don't want to wait and work on it yourself:
Don't drill two extra holes!!
Instead use a 6mm drill and enlargen the existing 4 holes on each chassis.
Works perfectly well, only takes a minute and is invisible with filter unit mounted :)

Anyway sorry about that - I have to figure out why in the world you received two cases without corrected footprint for the filter unit...

And please let me know what you wanna do :)

And please let me know what you wanna do :)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the instant support and the tip!

I have all the tools needed here to enlarge the holes to 6mm. So everything should be fine! :)

Flowjow said:
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the instant support and the tip!

I have all the tools needed here to enlarge the holes to 6mm. So everything should be fine! :)

Anytime!
Again sorry for the inconvenience!! I still have to figure out how that could happen  ???

Hi Martin,

I'm now putting together my 251 PSUs and I'm about to order a few missing parts. Initially I was assuming the Binder connector is basically the same a 7-Pin XLR, but after a closer look I realized that apparently this is not the case. So it means that when using the Binder, I cannot use a normal 7-Pin Neutrik connector on the cable side or is there a workaround? I would like to avoid making a special cable for the 251s.

https://www.conrad.de/de/rundsteckverbinder-mit-schraubverriegelung-pole-7-flanschdose-5-a-09-0044-00-07-binder-1-st-739030.html?sc.ref=Search%20Results

Cheers and Happy New Year  ;)
Waldemar

Hey Waldemar,

yes the chassis is designed for the binder 691 series, so the regular Neutrik 7-pin XLR won't fit.

What you could do though it using a Switchcraft Panel Mount 7-pin XLR - it should fit - at least judging by the drawings on their website:

http://www.switchcraft.com/ProductSummary.aspx?Parent=466

Happy New Year!
Martin

rainton said:
yes the chassis is designed for the binder 691 series, so the regular Neutrik 7-pin XLR won't fit.

What you could do though it using a Switchcraft Panel Mount 7-pin XLR - it should fit - at least judging by the drawings on their website:

http://www.switchcraft.com/ProductSummary.aspx?Parent=466

Thanks for the tip, that could be a good alternative!
Just out of curiosity: Is there any advantage of using the Binder connector except for the cool looks?  8)

Neutrino said:
Thanks for the tip, that could be a good alternative!
Just out of curiosity: Is there any advantage of using the Binder connector except for the cool looks?  8)

Well, I guess it's sturdier than a regular XLR, but apart from that it's easier to solder because of the larger footprint...
and yes it looks cooler, too ;)

I second that, your PSU chassis seems perfect. Can I haz one? have one sad MK47 needing to be finished :)

Yes tried to contact him but no luck. Wasn't sure if perhaps it was out of date or if he's still in business anymore.

... or perhaps he's just on holidays!

Try to contact him over his website analogvibes.com
I'm pretty sure, he is still in business  :D
And usually he is very responsive

sorry for the silence guys!

I'm terribly busy at the moment as I'm working on content for my first video & e-papers series on www.analogvibes.com besides working in the studio besides family etc...  ;D

Again I'm really sorry - it's hard to catch up with my mails at the moment.

But that's why I'm working so hard on my analogvibes project - as soon as I have created a project related knowledge base, I feel I might probably get less mails, because most questions are answered there already...or maybe I'm wrong??  :eek:  ;D

Anyways - I do have mic PSU chassis kits in stock - it actually ain't 33 of them anymore, but there are some left!

I also have a few last Pultec EQP-1A style chassis kits as well as some Pultec MEQ-5 style chassis kits in stock.

In a few days I'll launch the new 2nd revision LA2A style chassis kits at an introductory price on analogvibes - including BOM, detailed wiring layout etc.

Speaking of wiring layout - the latest video of my series on building a "tube onto compressor" + a 24-pages wiring layout was released on analogvibes TODAY. So if you're interested, you should definitely check it out!

Thanks
Martin

Hey Rainton,

I respect the fact that you're busy so this is just a bump reminder that I emailed you to order a mic PSU ;) Hope to hear from you soon and Thanks! These look amazing.

Hello all,
Regarding the ultimate mic-PSU chassis:
There are many people that have already built it, I´m sure.
In the poctop PSU built for the M49, where to connect the status light, the Fender pilot light with a bulb of 7V ?
And yes, I already have the open version leaving space for C5 on poctop´s M49 board.
I´m sorry whether this topic is already treated in this thread. No bashing, please.

Thanks
Manfred

Latest posts

Back