FEELER: Authentic P2P Pultec MEQ-5 chassis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the chassis. They are very nice.

Martin, was waiting for Christmas to pass. Any hope to see a layout/wiring drawing and maybe a BOM anytime soon? Thank you very much!

AusTex64 said:
Received the chassis. They are very nice.

Martin, was waiting for Christmas to pass. Any hope to see a layout/wiring drawing and maybe a BOM anytime soon? Thank you very much!

Sorry Robert,

I didn't make it before Christmas because I simply had so much work at the studio.
I'm on vacation with my family until Jan 6th but I'll try to finish it when I'm back

Martin

Martin,

No need to apologize. Totally understand about the season and work.

FWIW, I plan to use the Carnhill inductors sold by Colin at AML for my build, given my experience with bulding my EQP-1A clones with other inductors.

Happy New Year,

Robert Mokry
Austin, TX

Here you go :
http://www.vintagewindings.com/gen%20pop/8299543VW8335/ProAudio1/Pultec%20MEQ5%20Manual.pdf

or just google "Pultec MEQ5 Manual" this is the version with solid state recification.

there's also a version with tube rectification, I attach it here. Bom is easy to do yourself, there's also one in the facebook group.

Thanks Kosi!

Is the Facebook group for the EQP-1, or is there another one for the MEQ-5?

It's for all of raintons chassis. LA2A, EQP1A and MEQ5.
Meanwhile, there's a lot of info. Over 100 members.
Only problem for me: I'm not a Facebook fan... 
But have a look, it's free !

Kosi, I'm not a FaceBook fan either. I don't have a FB account so I can't see the page. :-(

Guys!
Sorry for the long silence - I just got so much work at the moment!

Finally I managed to finish the graphic layout for the MEQ-5 and it's available now for download here:  :)

EDIT: New revision 1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fv84voidzkqakhq/raintons_MEQ-5_layout_rev1_1.pdf

It was more work then I expected even though I did pretty much the same thing for the EQP-1A already...I think I simply forgot
how much work it was ;)

As always it's done to my best knowledge but mistakes can happen, so if you find any please let me know asap.
Next up is the BOM - I'm working on it.

hang in there

P.S.: If you follow the layout you probably won't need an extra BOM - the circuit is pretty simple - even though it might appear differently at first sight...  ;D

Martin

Kosi found 1 mistake:

The resistor connected to the 2.5k rev log pot is supposed to be 270R - not 270K!

I'll update the layout later this morning ;)

Thanks Kosi!

layout updated :)

latest revision: 1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fv84voidzkqakhq/raintons_MEQ-5_layout_rev1_1.pdf

I'll remove the old link...

Martin

Darkhyrys said:
hi,
Is that normal the 4 back box chassis screws don't fit the 4 holes?

No - you'd be the first one out of all Pultec style chassis kits out there.

I sent you a mail already - please send me some pics so I understand what we're talking about.
Is it the screw holes that mount the base of the filter unit to the box, or is it the filter unit not fitting the main chassis?

If the latter I suspect Don-Audio might have sent you an EQP-1A style filter box for your MEQ-5 style chassis  ::)

Thanks
Martin

Back