Impedance formula of a SRPP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRR: I like that explanation and I agree with you completely that on the Internet … opinions flow in all directions.

Ian: Just as for the SRPP I have a very much similar design but without the FB. However the 100k resistor is a question mark to me (i.e not knowing)… do you use that prior to the OT? I recall that you, in some designs, use the mentioned Sowter 5069 as an OT?

Best regards

/John

johnheath said:
PRR: I like that explanation and I agree with you completely that on the Internet … opinions flow in all directions.

Ian: Just as for the SRPP I have a very much similar design but without the FB. However the 100k resistor is a question mark to me (i.e not knowing)… do you use that prior to the OT? I recall that you, in some designs, use the mentioned Sowter 5069 as an OT?

Best regards

/John

The 100K is there just to make sure there is a dc path to 0V for the output capacitor when there is no transformer connected.

Yes I have mentioned the Sowter 5069 (two posts back!) but I would recommend using s 2;1 step down transformer if you want to drive a 600 ohm load. If you only have 10K loads then the Sowter will be fine.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you Ian. I saw your post about it, but I was asking about the 5069 since I have a couple of them at home hoping to find a good use for them.

Regards

/John

Latest posts

Back