Carvin MX-1202

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leek

Can anyone supply schematics and or info about this board? I am modifying one that's loaded with TL075's and LM4136 op amps. I'm replacing the TL075's with BrownDog adapters and OPA2604's and replacing the LM4136's with the pulled TL075's as they are supposed to sound and operate better then the LM4136's? I've also replaced the NE5532's with OPA2134's and replaced the lone LM1458 with a NE5532. I added Wima 0.1uf decoupling caps to all power supply feeds on each op amp. Even though all new Op Amps are in the specs of the old ones. But, I wanted to make sure oscillation wasn't an issue.

Any help would be be great. I'd love to get this 35 year old mixer to spec and sounding the best I could for mixing small count tracks.

It is the version with 4 graphic EQ's. Since they are useless to me, I opted to remove them. I left the power supply in tact. I plan to add four more Preamps using the power supply that used to power the graphic EQ's. Any decent cheap Preamps that four could be fit in a 1'x6"area? Potentiometer will be used to control gain as fitting four more faders would be almost impossible.

Leek said:
I plan to add four more Preamps using the power supply that used to power the graphic EQ's. Any decent cheap Preamps that four could be fit in a 1'x6"area? Potentiometer will be used to control gain as fitting four more faders would be almost impossible.

For preamps, you probably won't do a whole lot better than to build up something based on the THAT 1510 or INA163. Data sheets are readily available.

-a

Gary, PM me. I have 15-20 good TL075's. Also interested in other goodies if you may be interested in including something to bring price down on them. Not that I'd charge an arm and leg though.

Latest posts

Back