helterbelter

DIYRE Colour palette
« on: August 13, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
I'm considering purchasing 1 or 2 Colour palette kits.  But the amount of available colours is pretty overwhelming, to say the least, hahaha.

So, I'm thinking- where better to ask for opinions about the Colour palette, and its different colours than here ?

Any users here ?
Is the colour Palette something you use intensily, or is it just a fun object that you use occasionally ?  Which colors do you recommend ?

And also a question about one colourplugin specifically : The DOA plugin : Does it represent the colour of the used DOA ? In other words, if I purchase 4 of these colours and throw 4 different DOA's, will it accurately show the sound differences of the DOA's ?

Majestic12

Re: DIYRE Colour palette
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
I'm considering purchasing 1 or 2 Colour palette kits.  But the amount of available colours is pretty overwhelming, to say the least, hahaha.

So, I'm thinking- where better to ask for opinions about the Colour palette, and its different colours than here ?

Any users here ?
Is the colour Palette something you use intensily, or is it just a fun object that you use occasionally ?  Which colors do you recommend ?

And also a question about one colourplugin specifically : The DOA plugin : Does it represent the colour of the used DOA ? In other words, if I purchase 4 of these colours and throw 4 different DOA's, will it accurately show the sound differences of the DOA's ?

I have a Colour Palette as well as two CP5 preamps.
Stuffed with 15IPS, Multi Stage Saturation and JFET distortion. On the preamps I have my own design of colour which basically is a HPF around 80Hz + EQ dip around 400Hz +  subtle distorion from two cheap triad transformers driven by an opamp.

The palette is more of a fun tool to me, all distortion plugins sound quite similar in my ears...

I guess you can A/B your DOAs with the DOA plugin since the rest of the audio path stays the same.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:51:14 PM by Majestic12 »

3nity

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »
Funny i was wondering the same question.
But Im looking to get the cp5.
Life is a path, death the destination.

helterbelter

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »
 :)

The CP-5 is surely also interesting.

I have a Colour Palette as well as two CP5 preamps.
Stuffed with 15IPS, Multi Stage Saturation and JFET distortion. On the preamps I have my own design of colour which basically is a HPF around 80Hz + EQ dip around 400Hz +  subtle distorion from two cheap triad transformers driven by an opamp.

So, basically, you made a plugin that suits more to  what you like to hear ? Cool.

I guess you can A/B your DOAs with the DOA plugin since the rest of the audio path stays the same.
Okay, great, then that might be a very suitable way to let potential costumers hear the differences between the DOAs.

The palette is more of a fun tool to me, all distortion plugins sound quite similar in my ears...

This was kinda what I expected....  But you do use it in a mix occasionally ?

I'm curious how well the other plugins are....
More opinions ? Please share !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:53:18 PM by helterbelter »

helterbelter

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
Here are a few audiofiles from various DIYRE pieces.
https://soundcloud.com/peterson-goodwyn

Indecline

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
Here are a few audiofiles from various DIYRE pieces.
https://soundcloud.com/peterson-goodwyn
Nice link! My friend uses the 15ips  for mixing guitars all the time.

leitmo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 06:58:18 AM »
I have 8 Colour modules and use them on every mix.

CTX, TM79, JFT and Pentode.

I don't drive them hard and take good care on gainstaging as they are inserted just after DA conversion