Begis

Custom made audio toroidial transformers for DIY audio equipment

Custom made toroidal power transformers meeting highest level standard for audio equipment. Suitable for the most popular standard DIY projects: GSSL, Classic  API, Pultec, LA2A, G9 etc.
We offer a convenient and easy solution compared to many other products. Our transformers are constructed with all voltages required for your audio project in one device:
–you save space on your device by putting 1 transformer instead of several – one contains all
–you don’t need to waste time studying complicated transformer schemes to find the right solution 

Easy to order:

1)   choose the type of power transformer for your standard audio project from our assortment (GSSL, Classic  API, Pultec, LA2A, G9)
2)   include the region/country where your device/audio project would be used – define primary voltage (EU - 230V USA -115V)
3)   put in delivery details 
4)   pay with Paypal – we’ll send you invoice by email
5)   expect your delivery (fast or standard depending on which you had chosen  :) )
Please fill in this small order form to make it completely clear:

Product Name (.........), Primary voltage/ region (............), Delivery type (...............), Delivery address (Street, town, region, country, post code)

About us – Begis Electronics

Begis Electronics is a boutique audio engineering & equipment production studio based in Lithuania, EU.  We’re producing high quality custom audio equipment (Pultec, Classic API, SSL compressors etc.) & separate devices for audio projects. Our new website & Youtube channel is under construction at the moment – we’ll open it very soon. Until then please email us: [email protected]

Products

1176 Limiting Amplifier Power Transformer Price: 40 USD (including VAT 6,94USD; (33,06 USD exl. VAT) )

1176 Toroid color schematic

Discrete Microphone Power Transformer API(312) Price :45 USD (including VAT 7,81 USD; (37,19 USD exl. VAT) )

Discrete Microphone Toroid color schematic

LA2A Limiting Amplifier Power Transformer Price :45 USD (including VAT 7,81 USD; (37,19 USD exl. VAT) )

LA2A Toroid color schematic

EQP-1A Program Equalizer Power Transformer Price :45 USD (including VAT 7,81 USD; (37,19 USD exl. VAT) )

Pultec EQP-1A Toroid color schematic

SSL compressor Power Transformer Price :45 USD (including VAT 7,81 USD; (37,19 USD exl. VAT) )

Delivery times

We’re a boutique engineering house, therefore it will take up to 2 working weeks to produce your order after the payment is made. Power transformers for standard projects (API, SSL, LA2A, Pultec) are available at our storage – we’re able to send it to you right away. Please also mind the time for delivery depending on whether delivery option you choose – standard or fast.
We’ll offer a reasonable discount for orders above 10 pc.
Delivery prices (1-2 pcs):
Standard EU – 10 EUR (incl. package tracking)
Fast EU – 14 EUR (incl. package tracking)
USA & other countries – 15 EUR (incl. package tracking)

How to order something special

If you’re willing to order a power transformer with custom parameters, please indicate:
-   primary voltage depending on the country/region your audio device is made for: EU - 230V, USA - 115V
-   secondary voltage: you need to calculate the secondary voltage according to your needs (note, that you cannot exceed the total power of 50W for a transformer). Make a simple calculation according to this formula:
V (total) *A = W (power)

For example, we know that for audio project 1176 (according to the scheme) we need: (24+0+24)V*1A=48W

-  after you have calculated secondary voltage, please follow the ordering steps listed in the order form above (include delivery option and address). We can help calculate to  :) ;)

Order Custom made power transformers for DIY audio projects

If you need anything more specific  ;)

If you’re interested in power transformers exceeding 50W, audio transformers, speaker transformers, inductors, please contact us for consulting – we’re ready to help you by all means  :)

MasonAtom

Re: Custom made audio toroidial transformers for DIY audio equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Do you have the capability to make low profile torroids that would fit in a 1U rack? I'm looking for a torroidal power transformer that has a maximum height of about 1.3" (33 mm). I'd need 115VAC primary with the following secondaries: 250-0-250 (30 mA), 15VAC (1A), 48VAC (50 mA), so overall it would be about 25 VA.

Mason

ruffrecords

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:05:25 AM »
Do you have the capability to make low profile torroids that would fit in a 1U rack? I'm looking for a torroidal power transformer that has a maximum height of about 1.3" (33 mm). I'd need 115VAC primary with the following secondaries: 250-0-250 (30 mA), 15VAC (1A), 48VAC (50 mA), so overall it would be about 25 VA.

Mason

LOL, I just emailed him about a similar spec transformer for the Classic Solo project and the answer is yes they do.

Cheers

Ian
www.customtubeconsoles.com
https://mark3vtm.blogspot.co.uk/
www.eztubemixer.blogspot.co.uk

'The only people not making mistakes are the people doing nothing'

shabtek

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:51 AM »
is there electrostatic shielding
"really fine players do not use stomp boxes or master volume, they match the amp to the room and turn it up to 11.  Stevie Ray, BB King, Albert King, Duane Allman, Dicky Betts, Louis Armstrong"
   -CJ

ruffrecords

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »
is there electrostatic shielding

The blurb says shield after primary and seconday. Don't know if that is the same thing.

Cheers

Ian
www.customtubeconsoles.com
https://mark3vtm.blogspot.co.uk/
www.eztubemixer.blogspot.co.uk

'The only people not making mistakes are the people doing nothing'

ilfungo

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »
Hi
I've just buy from Begis
2 transformer
3 Band Pultec and for Sta Level.
Great man
Great Toroidal
Super fast shipping!!!
Thanks Begis!
When I'm ready I'll post some images and Impressions...

Begis

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 05:12:44 AM »
Hi, YES all toroids have electrostatic shielding.  :) 8)

ilfungo

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »
Hi Begis!
Many thanks for the great toroidal!!!
I need other custom toroidal.
I have sent you a pm.
Thanks!

dribro

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »
Hi Begis

Sent you an email regarding a toroidal for a dual pultec MB1 clone.

Adriano

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 05:51:44 PM »
Can you supply a toroidal power transformer that will work to power a Marshall JCM800 guitar amplifier? It would require a 110VAC primary with secondary outputs of 690V at 150 mA, and 6.3V at 5A as per the following datasheet: http://www.classictone.net/40-18023.pdf
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:22:14 AM by mattmartin831 »

ChrioN

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »
Which country are you located in?
"All PCB traces are curved to emulate the electrical response of point-to-point wiring" -Drip

TillM

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »
He is from Vilnius.
This is in Lithuania.

Vac11

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 05:46:51 AM »
Email sent 2 days ego... No response. Is your email adress [email protected] actual?

Best

M.

Begis

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 03:55:57 AM »
Hi
Vac,
work but i don't get email from you, can you please repeat to [email protected]

Vac11

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 06:06:55 AM »
Hi
Vac,
work but i don't get email from you, can you please repeat to [email protected]

Hi Begis,

email sent to [email protected]
Check it please

Thank you

Milan

RuudNL

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:58 AM »
Hi,

I need a transformer with the following specifications:

Primary: 230 V
Secundaries:
1 x 8 V / 1 Amp.
2 x 18 V/ 100 mA
1 x 140 V/ 50 mA

(25 VA, preferably a low profile one, that would fit in a 1 HE enclosure)

Would this be possible and what would be the price of such a transformer?
There is a solution for every problem!

http://www.vansteenisaudio.nl