Power Transformer Avel Lindber voltage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrby

I started my build last week and I have run into issues with the Avel Lindberg y236106 Power transformer and getting the proper voltage readings on the pcb board and r87 and cr6.  So I have taken a step back to try to find where the issue is.  I am getting a 118V reading at the Iec plug...I have that running over to the switch where im getting a 118V reading on those pins.  with GR selected on the switch i am getting a reading of 118V on the pins where violate/blue and brown/gray.  So I know the power transformer is getting 118V into it.  Now on the secondary section I have the those wires disconnected from the pcb and I am testing the output voltage of the transformer.  When I put my common lead from the meter on red or orange wire and the red lead from the meter on the yellow or the back i should get an ac reading of 25 -30V...but I am getting a readings all over the place...should be simple right??? 
Could the power transformer  be bad??

Latest posts

Back