• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- Production run of Hybrid 312 PCBs (Take them off my hands and 8x your money)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobschwenkler

9908-e1384649537667.jpg

Hello groupdiyers!

I used to be super active in this community and as it turns out life has taken me a TOTALLY different direction than I intended.

From 2000-2013 I committed my life to audio recording, and for the latter half, electronics.

By the end of my run in audio I was the tech at the K Records' notorious Dub Narcotic Studio, which I'd transformed from a private label only studio into a commercial studio. I had the pleasure to work on and maintain their RCA BA6As, blue stripe 1176s, Ampex MM1100, Electrodyne console, and so much more.

I loved building my own preamps and after finding nothing on the market that did what I wanted in a DIY mic preamp I set out to design my own circuit board for a 312 type preamp.

What I wanted in it was simplicity: A straightforward form factor that could fit 8 channels in a 2U rack, with no clumsy audio wiring inside of the chassis. A form factor similar to the 7th Circle preamps, but one that I could build for 1/2 to 2/3 the price of their products.

So I set out to design my own circuit board. After prototypes and trials and revisions I completed my first design of the Hybrid 312 preamp. It does everything I mention above PLUS it can be built up as a classic 312 style preamp, a John Hardy DC coupled output with 990 amps, or any combination in between.

The first run of PCBs sold super well, before long I'd gone through about 150 channels of the first production version.

When those ran out I decided to make the preamp even better. I included a fine gain adjust ( similar to 7th Circle), improved PCB signal routing, and added the option for a PCB mounted gain potentiometer for those who didn't want to spend the money on they Grayhill 12 step switches.

Little did I know that shortly after another full production run of this updated PCB I would decide to take my life in a completely different direction! I've left the audio world entirely and have been devoting my life to life coaching and men's work.

Which means that for the past 2 and a half years I've had a box full of awesome PCBs sitting around gathering dust. No DIYers to build them into awesome sounding preamps! :(

I'm looking to sell EVERYTHING to someone who's interested in taking these PCBs off of my hands.

I have another 238 sitting around which, if sold at the current price of $29, would equal out to almost $7K in revenue.

To date I've sold about 200 of these babies. People have created some incredible looking and sounding units of their own: http://www.schwenkleraudio.com/hybrid312/.

I'm not looking to make any more money off of these. I just want them to go to a great new home. I'm willing to let the remainder of these PCBs go for a total steal. My ask is US$750. I am open to any reasonable offer.

You'll get EVERYTHING: PCB design files (Osmond), BOMs, Front Panel Designer files, marketing materials, schematics, notes, component data sheets, and I will gladly answer any technical questions that you might have at any point down the road.

They will be yours to do what you please with them. Build a butt load of preamps for you and your mom! Sell them and octuple your investment. Take a bath with them. It's totally your choice.

I put a lot of my love and time into these preamps and it would be such a shame to see them have to go into the garbage at some point. I really don't want to do that, but I can't hold onto them forever.

Please email, pm, or me with any questions or inquiries. [email protected] or +1 360-259-2770.

http://www.schwenkleraudio.com/hybrid312/

9908-e1384649537667.jpg

9908.1.jpg

Alex-API.jpg

DavidW.jpg

PC260068.jpg

I bought one of these from Calvin when I recorded at Dub Narcotic (R.I.P.). Do you still have the BOM/schematic/etc. files? And could you send them my way?

Did you end up finding a buyer for the PCBs?

I would be interested in 8 channels, but not the lot...

Hi Bob,
I wish all is good and well with you, and that all the life changes turned out to be positive.

I remember your pcb's and have to say they are great.

Part of this forum seems to have involved into a strange supermarket since the times you were active around here.
I'm sure your pcb's would be a great addiction to the product range of the many companies that are selling products around here.
You can try to contact them

Best Regards

Whoops said:
Hi Bob,
I wish all is good and well with you, and that all the life changes turned out to be positive.

I remember your pcb's and have to say they are great.

Part of this forum seems to have involved into a strange supermarket since the times you were active around here.
I'm sure your pcb's would be a great addiction to the product range of the many companies that are selling products around here.
You can try to contact them

Best Regards

Thanks for the kind words! The life changes have been more than great.

I did find buyers for all the PCBs, but thank you for the thought.

Back