Making Neve Style Input Transformer for 1073/1290 preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spencerleehorton said:
Could you do a scribble Jacob please?

Something like this, maybe?

If you want it, you could use the last (3rd) switch step for pass-through for reference, by connecting Lorlin pins 3to9 and 6to12?

Jakob E.

Attachments

• PRR-relay-switching-the-input-transformers.JPG
    PRR-relay-switching-the-input-transformers.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 23
It’s been a while but finally made some progress and have a test version which works really well made from a tin can! Tomato soup actually!!!
Just need to do a tidy version of it now it works well.

Attachments

• 0207F773-81F6-4C8C-9AE9-EC373EB05D0F.png
    0207F773-81F6-4C8C-9AE9-EC373EB05D0F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
Spencerleehorton said:
lastest test box, have made 4 part box as per original, just need mumetal to arrive then i can pot transformers and then test.

Hi Spencerleehorton,

A while since your last update on this interesting project. Just curious to know what the end result was and your finding around it building one of these? How did it sound in comparison  to other tranformers, such as carnhill/cinemag?

Very interesting read! :)

Regards
J

Spencerleehorton said:
The 10468 clones I make sound very good, as good if not better than sowters, much better than the chameleon labs

So you have tested the chameleon labs ones then?  I understod from their videos that they put alot of effort in developing the transformers. Not sure how it compares with an original marinair one tho. Would be cool to find one or two to compare with also.

Anyway, i am curious to build something similar myself for the four  1073 rack i am aiming at. I figured i’d buy some carnhill/sowter and the. do my own to compare with.

Are you willing to share your findings (your formula/basic info), or is it a bit of a trade secret?  :) (Iunderstand if it is, if you happened to sell them or something?)

Anyway, very interesting stuff!

// J

Latest posts

Back