Elam 251 paint color

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

I have a 251 project that I am finishing up the body on and I'm looking for a good paint choice. My plan is to use an oil paint and airbrush it on, since that's worked for me in the past,  but other suggestions are welcomed...  I'm looking to come as close as I can to that "art deco grey with just a hint of green" as I see it, the bock 251 is too mint green for me....

thanks!

Edit: I meant to post this in the lab, if any mods feel like moving it...

Oddly enough, your response is actually pretty timely... this was a project I meant to finish a year ago but... well, we all know how that goes, but I just got back to working on it the other day, & I had not seen that page of that (very long) thread so thank you for the help.  All the answers are here... somewhere, but search results are a mixed bag.

I'm building my body from scratch, got stuck on the head basket, & recently decided togowith a single layer, cause the 2 layer was killin me... since im doing a completely from scratch build, I'll do my best to document it and upload some pics for those that are interested.

Thanks for the help micaddict!

My pleasure.  :)

As the saying goes, it's never too late.

Well, I guess sometimes it is ...

But I got lucky this time.

And there's no excuse for not trying.

Anyway, yes, do keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back