Klark Teknik 1176 clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David RP

https://www.music-group.com/Categories/Klarkteknik/Signal-Processors/Compressors-Limiters/1176-KT/p/P0BR3

Suprised to see this.  Is this not an infringement of copyright etc.

Phil and Terry Clarke must be terribly sorry to see their brand, that was often so innovative, now used on blatant rip-offs. I'm curious to see if the Music Group, following their old habits, have also ripped off the brochure...

"...every effort was made to keep the 1176-KT FET-Style Compressor true to the original D and E versions of the iconic signal processor. At the same time, we modernised the completely discrete signal path..." - a quote from their website
So they turned left and right at the same time. Stunning!

Michael

It is normal symptom of behri behri.

I wouldn't be surprised to see inside, made in china, ripped mnats PCB.

Hi , did anyone heard it?

I think that music store.de drop more the price for this clone, and i was thinking to to try it.

did anyone have a sample?

thanks

JoleFIN said:
Has anyone modded this with i/o trafos? How does it look like inside?

not sure if this makes much sense. it won't change anything about the compression characteristics of this device which differs a lot from the original 1176 in my opinion.

Small PCB with lots of SMD components.
In fact, it isn't a really bad compressor for the price...
To my surprise the gain reduction meter doesn't drift as much with temperature changes as the original 1176.
Also the correct amount of gain reduction is displayed.
I bought two of them...

Michael Tibes said:
So they turned left and right at the same time. Stunning!

Michael

Come on, engineers don't write the marketing blurbs.

Modernizing can include turning discrete components into SMD, though, which is probably what they meant.

gyraf said:
I don't see how they should be able to do this wrong...

Jakob E.

+1

abbey road d enfer said:
Phil and Terry Clarke must be terribly sorry to see their brand, that was often so innovative, now used on blatant rip-offs. I'm curious to see if the Music Group, following their old habits, have also ripped off the brochure...

+1

Back