Mackie 450 pa speaker V1 repair or amp rebuild

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi,

I have a Mackie 450 v1 which has blown the amp and I have tried to repair but has blown some other bits?
I'm wanting to get it going again and wondering what options I could have as to be honest it's a bit out of my league!
Is there a simple more modular design I could use?
It would need to be fairly robust as I do need it for gigs.
All ideas welcome.

Regards

Spence.

thanks for that, quite a reasonable price 400watt amp for £244 and user control for DSP, will definitely look into this!!!

on the plus side my mackie is on the way to being fixed now, just need a bit more time and care!!!

regards

Spence.

Hi Spencerleehorton
I was part of the team developing the SRM450. It was all Analog, we never published the EQ curves. If you need service info contact me.
Duke

Anyone got any other ideas on a relatively cheap replacement amp for this mackie 450, as my amp keeps blowing the main output transistors and there doesn't seem to be a viable fix, this is from someone who I've passed it along to who knows their stuff.
I'm wondering whether I could remove part of amp that doesn't work and just replace that?
I think the horn amplifier works fine but I will check.
All ideas welcome.

Latest posts

Back