(Feeler) Cost effective M49-C12 Bodies !!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, have you already contacted the manufacturer or do you want to wait till we got 50 orders?
Also, can you please give the internal dimensions for both bodies? And some photos would be nice.

Hey Murdock,
I contacted the supplier yesterday and I think I we could get the order going at 50 units even if I have to buy a few extras for myself  ;D The supplier said the bodies are made of brass  so no problems with corrosion!!

I also just got a set of Danys  M49 Boards so I'll be able to build one once I get a chance.

A few progress pics! 8)
y3mKNqPMVGKg6ug4TQ_js3jE1CDeprRXg13KriETOlV32RWmwHhmvae0-cW5yDBPuI5bYirHJQvnbrCGhd97k_Q5juBRdcst_NR0bpbO4SmdmA8d94c30eo8ALzKPc1yXaErv1Y1jzBJWKKyUzwO61GqbMCz7ObuqzNk1K58DOoy-0

y3mbOwTAnu6z-96WXNolKDE9gIHx8icmbApUswUE1jhIjQrt5ubK4mR6X44fT5XJ0M3z2-g0cjBdYeMhRCku6WtnkhgZd--9ciuk45PPl32WALzCRod1uyUmqybETwC7Q1_LpS3M1ChsU_AR9Fs97S2p9wzN7H-Bv4Vh2R0Dn8no3g

y3m_rW_En6hQfDeDKLFvWn1ihdkoXOsPQ1UxpM0zMUtpALQAEe6ke3o9dm_BUuivqB1IiPANM1RM83xflDKCC8fCZj7gVYj8fI5KdBx8WNHZWMHjaA5PE81VjC2qNqwWZ6z6R0QLSq_CCN_mvJdLSsPyJYoVIjyur2w3ApEWADD6wM

Thanks for the pictures, looking great!
Were the holes for the Binder connector already drilled or have you done it?
If you've done it, would it be possible, to get bodies without any holes?

Were the holes for the Binder connector already drilled or have you done it?
If you've done it, would it be possible, to get bodies without any holes?

The mounting holes are already drilled. I thick it would best for simplicity sake to keep them,unless everyone wanted them without holes?

hmm, thats a bummer. No way in getting at least my two bodies without holes?
I'm asking, because I have some nice 8 pin tuchel connectors here, that Would fit the m49 nicely...  ::)

OPR said:
The mounting holes are already drilled. I thick it would best for simplicity sake to keep them,unless everyone wanted them without holes?

I guess we should go the simplest and most common way, ie being compatible with the most used connectors, don't you guys think ?

Hey Murdock the specs for the Binder 691 are below. Assuming you Touchel connector covers the 30 mm spaced holes?  could you not drill holes on the opposite rotation to suit? if my assumption is correct that is ;) of course  one should never assume as it can make an ass of u and me  ;D

csm_06-6913-0001_774ea61673.jpg

csm_690_mon_ff2c3f2a9f.jpg

oh man, I'm sorry. I didn't even think about that... the mounting dimension of the tuchel is about 36mm. So it will cover those holes anyway.
Thanks!  ::)

Here is a point to point version  with the c revision circuit I put together just for fun. :)
y3mZTZx9mLr0n4DAmlfex623XZ5NG1_ASjA3Pl-az_K34FmotwOu6UHfOpJd3x3lN4jLQdF-xvrEjbu4IcolIFAkm6L3vlSqaZ0zta9CyDYYeOzyee-7yLkjFGXKpjF1_jd-zOfzvL7LR_DiDCMaxpr4yVj560EeqXXvq_MulKOqhg

Whoop whoop!  ;D Looking great! Can't wait to start building mine!
Some pictures of the C12 body would also be nice!
And can you please post a picture of the bottom of both bodies unmodified?

Just a question out of interest: how far are we? When will an order be placed?
Will this still take a couple of  months, or what is the situation?
(I am a bit hesitant to place an order as long as I don't know how long it will take before things are happening...)

Posted by: RuudNL
Just a question out of interest: how far are we? When will an order be placed?

When we have enough interest to order 50 units of one or both types

Will this still take a couple of  months, or what is the situation?

Once/if we get numbers I'd say it would take a month or two to make them

(I am a bit hesitant to place an order as long as I don't know how long it will take before things are happening...)

I'm not taking money of orders at the moment and won't do so  until/if?  we actually have enough numbers and place an order.
At the moment I just want expressions of interest  ;)

Back