Re: [BUILD] NU FEDERAL AM-864 PCB OFFICIAL BUILD & HELP THREAD
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »
 :o woww ! crazy

Eliani

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
Yep, you've got to love that!!

so new tubes in mine! I was able to find a couple real close to each other, now the voltages are cool!
Next up is metering, I've got a 1mA meter. But the dial wil not go upto the max value, and with extreme settings the dial is halfway the scale... not usable I would say...

What do you guys sugest?
"Iron Projects" at Eli-Audio.com

djfatum

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2017, 05:40:11 PM »
The VU must have 200 micro amperes (1 milli amper too much)

Eliani

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2017, 01:34:58 AM »

Cool, that's what I thought

Eliani

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
This might be better in another thread, but what CNC are you using? Are you just engraving anodized aluminum? Love the look of your panel. :)

I’ve got a BZT PFE1000PX, and Yes anodised aluminium. And thank you!

Eliani

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2017, 12:31:46 PM »

Could you tell me what meters you bought and where you got them? I'm having trouble finding them.

« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2017, 05:13:21 AM »
Could you tell me what meters you bought and where you got them? I'm having trouble finding them.

Don audio  sells them in 200 micro amperes now...

rob_gould

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:46 AM »
Not to brag but i'm kind of proud of this build!

At least of how it looks because wiring could have been a bit cleaner, but I'm sure I'll get it next time. I'm waiting for new 6BA6/EF93 tubes to arrive, I've bought like 10 and hope to good pair out of them. I'm not totally aware of how one would match tubes, or if I even need to, but I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt as I can't seem to get C and B to the same voltage! This might explain that the input get's distorted when cranking the input?

I've yet to do the threshold/ratio range reduction mods

Really great job - you should be proud!

I've been a bit out the DIY loop for a while but seeing your project had inspired me to get back to a couple of half-finished projects of my own...

Eliani

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
Yeah, I tend to lose interest in certain projects after a while too, but most of the time it's lack of time or funding!

By the way, about the 200uA DC meters, Aaron from Don-Audio let me know he's doing a run for them, now available in his store, although they will not be available for another 3 to 4 weeks. So I bought another Weston 2521 meter, but instead of the 1mA I found a 200uA version. And I bought a bunch of strange 200uA meters just for future projects.

I ordered 4 more PCB's from Zayance for a single control stereo version and one with a mono switch and dual controls... looking forward to that, because I just spent over €1000 for all the parts!