USA source for Neumann K49?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrazemaster

Hi guys,

I'm building an M49 PTP and I want to use a real Neumann capsule. I know there's a Sennheiser Spares website that seems to be UK based. Is there a USA source for these, and are there any deals to be had on them? Seems like £781 is a lot, when translated into $

TIA,

Mike

Just find Sennheiser USA parts, and they will give you the US price. One important thing : I went through the same path 2 months ago, and according to Klaus Heyne, you can get a K47FET for around 200$ less. It is the same capsule, except the 2 sides are not matched. But the tolerances are so tight that you're supposed to end up with the same quality. You just have to wire the back of the capsule, but otherwise it is ready to go.

I appreciate your response Avgatzeblouz.

I had read that blog by Klaus. I didn't find the K47FET version of the capsule on the Sennheiser Spares website (the UK website).

I could not find any bare capsules at all on the Sennheiser USA site - may I ask what link you used?

Thanks,

Mike

Phrazemaster said:
I appreciate your response Avgatzeblouz.

I had read that blog by Klaus. I didn't find the K47FET version of the capsule on the Sennheiser Spares website (the UK website).

I could not find any bare capsules at all on the Sennheiser USA site - may I ask what link you used?

Thanks,

Mike

I just called Sennheiser Canada (I'm in Montreal). I did not have any web link, just good old phone ! And I did get the K47fet. It will be installed when I get my Aputis body.

Avgatzeblouz said:
I just called Sennheiser Canada (I'm in Montreal). I did not have any web link, just good old phone ! And I did get the K47fet. It will be installed when I get my Aputis body.
Great to know, thank-you. May I ask about what you paid?

Avgatzeblouz said:
no prob, man ! I'm happy I can help here, where so many people helped me !
I am deeply indebted to many on this board. Thanks for your kind words and for sharing! I'm calling Sennheiser right now. I'll let you know. :)

Well I know Klaus says the K47FET is just as good, but I went with a K49. Probably stupid money, but oh well. I have found after several builds, that when I cheap out, and use Chinese bodies, and ho-hum parts, I don't enjoy the gear as much.

It's really not fair of me, because my PocTop D67 is a fabulous microphone - one of my very favorites! Sounds amazing and has natural compression that makes it a joy to use on almost any source! But I cheaped out and got a Chinese body for it, and it's just not as nice to use as, for example, the M49 I built using a FleA body.

I'm a little worried about myself, however. I have enough microphones, and enough preamps, but I seem to want to keep building mics AND preamps!!!

Actually I'm still wanting a higher grade mic experience, even though what I have is fairly good.

OK, now that I got the K49 ordered, I realized the FleA holder that I have will not fit it! Drat! I will call Sennheiser tomorrow to see about a mount, but what are you guys using for K49 capsule mounts?

Thx!

Mike

Phrazemaster said:
I will try Sennheiser of course, but what are you referring to?

AMI? I'll probably pick up a pair of their capsule holders myself the next time I order transformers from them.

You need the following parts (with Neumann Part numbers)

062086  Capsule Holder ("Saddle")
066176 Schwinggummi (rubber part where the capsule Holder is fitted)
060023 (2x) Screw
060107 (2x) Spring washer
060585 Solder Lug

053291 K49 Capsule

Latest posts

Back