Nuetrik or Switchcraft XLR panel mounts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

versuviusx

hi i was wondering what is the trade off between the 2 types of connectors? i need to know because i'm trying to make a chasis.
i'd like to know if one is clearly more superior to the other. thanks
also does anyone know where i can get TRS jacks from cheap, that could go one a chasis?

[quote author="versuviusx"]hi i was wondering what is the trade off between the 2 types of connectors? i need to know because i'm trying to make a chasis.
i'd like to know if one is clearly more superior to the other. thanks
also does anyone know where i can get TRS jacks from cheap, that could go one a chasis?[/quote]

I like the Neutrik chassis connectors, because the male and female fit into the same size hole (FD series, I think).

[quote author="Scodiddly"]

I like the Neutrik chassis connectors, because the male and female fit into the same size hole (FD series, I think).[/quote]

Switchcraft offers that as well (E series, I think).

versuviusx;

The Neutrik D series are the ticket. I use the silver plated ones for
general stuff and the gold plated ones for very important signals.
The gold ones are black anf the silver ones are chrome.

The male Female and the speakon and data (ethernet) fit into the same hole size!
I will even machine a male chassis and insert a MIDI connector in there.

They work great. I have been using them since 1985.

Neutrik for everything XLR and TRS here. for TT/Bantam i go Neutrik And Switchcraft... sometimes whirlwind...

this place is cheaper than Mouser for the d series! Has anyone ordered from them? Are there any other good (cheap) suppliers for these in the US?

Joel

Markertek is a good, solid company. They've been around for years. You can order with comfidence :thumb:.

You might also want to try redco.

Peace,
Al.

Markertek is a good company - they're the big dog in the video techie world. I just got some Mogami wire from them!

For 1/4" you might look around for G&H dealers. These are the plugs used by Pro-Co and are extremely solid. Plus if you "know somebody" they're cheaper than Switchcraft...

I can vouch for Markertek, too. They're not always the cheapest, but they're reliable and I've been using them for years. Of course, it doesn't hurt that their warehouse is not far away from me, so I always get my order quickly.

Back