Rycote Shock Mounts. What's your Take?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are excellent. I have had 2 for 4 years, and handle any size and shape mic without problems.  I've used heavier than recommended  mics and don't seem to object. Worth the money.

I'm impressed with the small condenser mounts too, they appear to be the standard in broadcast/film work for good reason. 

Thanks gents. I was fixing to get their small and large mounts to cover my collection.

Only thing is I don't think they will fit an M49.

Much appreciated guys thx!

Phrazemaster said:
Only thing is I don't think they will fit an M49.

The biggest one is the InVision USM-VB. It fits microphones up to a diameter of 68 mm. Unfortunately the M49 does not fit...

Apart from that I am another happy user of the Rycote InVision Series.
For small diaphragm I use them exclusively.
The ISM-6 seems to be the universal solution for all sorts of pencils (Neumann KM, Beyer MC9xx, MBHO, Schoeps...
These even carry my incredible MBHO MBNM-608 (Great large condenser with a well balanced CK-12 knock off inside). ;)

chefducuisine said:
The biggest one is the InVision USM-VB. It fits microphones up to a diameter of 68 mm. Unfortunately the M49 does not fit...

Apart from that I am another happy user of the Rycote InVision Series.
For small diaphragm I use them exclusively.
The ISM-6 seems to be the universal solution for all sorts of pencils (Neumann KM, Beyer MC9xx, MBHO, Schoeps...
These even carry my incredible MBHO MBNM-608 (Great large condenser with a well balanced CK-12 knock off inside). ;)
Totally awesome!

If they had made that USM-VB a few mm larger it would work for the M49!

I just pulled the trigger on the USM and the USM-VB.

I have a couple of different models. They are all very well made and handle all my microphones very easily.
I do not have an M49 but AKG 414s no problem. 451s, no problem. 460s, no problem. Even with the Blue LDC capsule attached.
The only thing I have encountered is some come with the Euro to US adaptor and some do not.
So that is something to be aware of when ordering them.

aaquilato said:
I have a couple of different models. They are all very well made and handle all my microphones very easily.
I do not have an M49 but AKG 414s no problem. 451s, no problem. 460s, no problem. Even with the Blue LDC capsule attached.
The only thing I have encountered is some come with the Euro to US adaptor and some do not.
So that is something to be aware of when ordering them.
Good to know thx!!

Latest posts

Back