Barklay

Re: [Build] CAPI BT50, 500 Series EQ (a la 550), Official Support Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
Check continuity from each of the LF Grayhill wipers (the metal tabs that stick out of the switch body) to ground. You are looking for a short or very low Ω reading.

Ok, i’ve checked. Three of 8 were about 30 ohms. As Jeff posted earlier to Jan, i’ve de-soldered them and slightly bended, then re-soldered. After all, it works correctly

jona

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2018, 06:43:04 AM »
Might be opamp related or cabling outside of the rack?
thanks  for the reply jeff..
i used red dots as for some of my other builds too.. i dont think it has to do with cabling.. i tried it in different slots and even in a different rack.. none of my other modules have this problem.do you have. any other  idea ? the strange thing is both bt50 have the exact same problem...

attisma

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2018, 11:34:50 PM »
Hello Jeff,

I just built a pair of BT50's. I'm using known working gar2520's. My current issue is that when I run audio thru them, and with "IN" in either position, and all frequencies set to 0, I'm getting what sounds like a low cut filter.  If I boost/cut low LF, they seem to filter but I would expect the sound to be unchanged when positions are at 0.  Can you advise the best way to troubleshoot.

I've already spot checked and re-soldered my joints for good measure but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

jsteiger

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2018, 07:34:27 PM »
Hello Jeff,

I just built a pair of BT50's. I'm using known working gar2520's. My current issue is that when I run audio thru them, and with "IN" in either position, and all frequencies set to 0, I'm getting what sounds like a low cut filter.  If I boost/cut low LF, they seem to filter but I would expect the sound to be unchanged when positions are at 0.  Can you advise the best way to troubleshoot.

I've already spot checked and re-soldered my joints for good measure but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
How are you testing them? What device is just before them? The BT50's input is unbalanced (like the vintage counterpart). Is it possible that whatever you are feeding them with does not like being unbalanced by shunting its XLR pin 3 signal to ground? Maybe try a quick test with a transformer output device before them.
Visit the CAPI store at http://www.capi-gear.com

CAPI is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by API.

attisma

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2018, 02:19:13 AM »
How are you testing them? What device is just before them? The BT50's input is unbalanced (like the vintage counterpart). Is it possible that whatever you are feeding them with does not like being unbalanced by shunting its XLR pin 3 signal to ground? Maybe try a quick test with a transformer output device before them.

I was using a balanced cable. Problem solved!!

Thanks Jeff!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:04:01 AM by attisma »

Ngr

Bypass switch not working
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2019, 10:03:20 AM »
Hello Jeffrey,
I just built a BT-50. Everything is working fine except for the bypass switch. The eq is always on, no matter if the IN button is depressed or not. Where do I have to look at?
Thank you

jsteiger

Re: Bypass switch not working
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »
I just built a BT-50. Everything is working fine except for the bypass switch. The eq is always on, no matter if the IN button is depressed or not. Where do I have to look at?
I would look for a short/solder bridge on the bypass switch itself or the 6-pin header that connects the switch PCB to the main PCB.
Visit the CAPI store at http://www.capi-gear.com

CAPI is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by API.

Ngr

Re: Bypass switch not working
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2019, 12:41:29 PM »
I would look for a short/solder bridge on the bypass switch itself or the 6-pin header that connects the switch PCB to the main PCB.

No bridges, or shorts. I checked the switch pads and they appear to be all shorted within themselves when the IN button is pressed. When button is depressed only the first two pins ( looking at the board top side from left to right ) are shorted. On the 6 pin header there's a short between pin 1 and 3 when button is depressed, a short between 2 and 6 when it is pressed. Is that correct?