An Error Has Occurred! The last posting from your IP was less than 90 sec ago.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 90 seconds ago. Please try again later.

This is a recent annoyance.  I run into this daily now.  Any failed attempt to post which raises this message appears to restart the 90 second clock.  I can pop off several real answers to questions in less than 90 seconds usually, and I've started not bothering. 

This will be a preset time limit set in the forum software to (try to) prevent bots posting. I'd expect it to be an editable value

Nick Froome

emrr said:
This is a recent annoyance.  I run into this daily now.  Any failed attempt to post which raises this message appears to restart the 90 second clock.  I can pop off several real answers to questions in less than 90 seconds usually, and I've started not bothering.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=63988.msg809612#msg809612
Here is a previous discussion.

I don't recall if Ethan changed the setting last time or not.

Like I posted back then, I had deleted spams that were only 15 seconds apart.

JR

Ah, missed that discussion.  I knew that's what it was, seems excessively long, but what do I know. 

I've only hit this when I've tried to REPORT two spams in a row, but they were surely by the same spammer anyway.

Earlier today I tried to post an advert in the black market. First I got an error saying the image was to large. So I opened the image, scaled it and saved it as a different name, updated the attachment and reposted. Then I got an error saying I had posted less than 90 seconds ago. So I waited a couple of minutes and reposted it. The I got an error message saying I had already posted this message. I opened another tab and reloaded the black market. My ad was not there. So I made a minor tweak to the the ad and reposted. This time I got an error saying my image did not meet the security requirements!!!

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Ian

I just tried again and I still get this security message about the picture and it says to contact admin about it.

Now I have posted the text on its own and that is OK. Then I edit it and add an attachment and I get the security error again. I tried scaling the picture to a different size but I still get the same error.

GGRRRRRR!!!

Cheers

Ian

It seems a really long time, I have 5 posts already written, and now I have to wait 10 minutes to post them.

I'm sure it's done for security reasons,  but could the same level of security be achieved with a shorter period?

even if it's 45 seconds and not 1 min and a half will make a huge difference.

thanks

Latest posts

Back