• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: two 3U rack cases

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvision

I  am looking for a pair of 3U rack cases to rack up a couple of AKAI M8 preamps. The Hammond RM3U1908VBK looks to be suitable. Alternatives include the RM3U1908SBK, RM3U1908VBK, RM3U1913SBK and RM3U1913VBK.

The RM3U1908VBK and RM3U1913VBK are vented

On these Hammond models the rack ears are separate from the case front panel, which is ideal. The front panels will need to be cut down fairly savagely so I think a rail at the front of the rack would be essential for rigidity.

Two sets of Hammond handles #1427P1BK would be nice too

A pair of old-school rack cases would also fit the bill

Nick Froome

Nick,

Try Holt. They are cheaper and great. I use them all the time.

http://www.holtbroadcast.co.uk/allex_emc_cases.htm

I have an old 500 series rack you can have for the price of postage. It is left over from the days when I was thinking about fitting the EZTubeMixer into a 500 series format. I am moving to a much smaller house so you would be doing me a favour. Pic attached.

Cheers

Ian

Edit: Cemal will probably recognise this!!

Thanks, Ian, I'll let Rob have the case. I recently bought a 3U Eurorack case from Farnell for a spot of prototyping. I have even less room than you!

Nick Froome

pvision said:
Thanks, Ian, I'll let Rob have the case. I recently bought a 3U Eurorack case from Farnell for a spot of prototyping. I have even less room than you!

Nick Froome

OK Nick.

Rob, I will pack and weigh it and let you know the postage.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back