• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Your kits you never built!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdawg

Hey all,

Looking for kits to build and figured I'd ask if anyone has some that they bought and never started that they would part with.

Looking for almost anything 500 series, particularly compressors but anything is cool.

Would love a SA-3A kit.

Lemme know if you have anything collecting dust!

Cheers.

Monte

its collecting dust:

- a 33609, all pcb's fully built, including case and psu, no meters
- a Poorman 670, almost fully built, no case ( i have a case but its huge for shipping)
- 2x Don's 1176 Bluestripe, with roasted inductivities... they worked before i roasted them
- a Dual MEQ, working amps, no inductivities, no wiring to the filterboards and Switches/potentiometers
- 2x Laz 525, one of them with some Problems...

i feel guilty :(

Brizco said:
its collecting dust:

- a 33609, all pcb's fully built, including case and psu, no meters
- a Poorman 670, almost fully built, no case ( i have a case but its huge for shipping)
- 2x Don's 1176 Bluestripe, with roasted inductivities... they worked before i roasted them
- a Dual MEQ, working amps, no inductivities, no wiring to the filterboards and Switches/potentiometers
- 2x Laz 525, one of them with some Problems...

i feel guilty :(

haha well stop feeling guilty.

what happened to the 1176s?? Salvageable? Didn't find anything on Don(sorry if thats a bad thing). are the kits similar to Mikes at Hairball?

Not ready to tackle a 670 yet haha

Not familiar with the 33609. I know its a diode compressor right? Never have heard one in person.

And will pass on the 525s...not a big fan of them..haha

Thanks for posting!

I have a few of scott liebers (sl-2520 red dot designer) 312 pcbs. Youd need in and out xfmrs and pots. Most of the other psrts are on it but not soldered.
Comes with schematic and thats all. Its not a kit but its easy and most assuredly would be bad ass.

I have a pair of the amazing TB550A's, which are great looking, great sounding complete copies of the API 550A's.

Rocinante said:
I have a few of scott liebers (sl-2520 red dot designer) 312 pcbs. Youd need in and out xfmrs and pots. Most of the other psrts are on it but not soldered.
Comes with schematic and thats all. Its not a kit but its easy and most assuredly would be bad ass.

Thanks for the offer! I have som VP312s and love them. Im sure these would be stellar. may reach out if you still have them at a later date.

Blackdawg said:
Thanks for the offer! I have som VP312s and love them. Im sure these would be stellar. may reach out if you still have them at a later date.

So I'm guessing they aren't kits anymore? Fully built?

Probably can't afford them if they aren't in kit form. And would enjoy building them.

Brizco said:
its collecting dust:

What do you mean by inductivities, transformers?

I have a pair of THAT4301Compressor Limiter Kits from DIY-Tubes (Ungifted's fine company). I also have the 19" rack to go with it, all still in boxes.
http://diy-tubes.com/that4301-compressor-kit.html

weiss said:
I am selling all my 500 kits including 500 rack and power supply because i have no time to finish them.

2x Classic API VP26 preamp built working
JLM LA500 opto comp built not calibrated
Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 built (not working 100%)
2x 1176 full kit
2x g-pultec full stereo kit

i am open to sell for the kit price, you have my time and effort i put into building the devices for free
pm me for more information

PMed!

fsalter said:
I have a pair of THAT4301Compressor Limiter Kits from DIY-Tubes (Ungifted's fine company). I also have the 19" rack to go with it, all still in boxes.
http://diy-tubes.com/that4301-compressor-kit.html

is this a basic VCA compressor? Like similar to a dbx 160 type? Or SSL?

How much?? Looks like a simple build. Is it a good sounding kit?

Hi Blackdawg. It's a VCA type compressor, but not sure what it is similar to.  It is a simple build and there is a thread for it here: https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52021.0
I'm out of town , and when i get back, I will let you know how mich I want for it.

I have a 1176 mnads rev d kit. Fully populated pcb, needs mounting and wiring. Faceplate/case included

Also a gssl compressor - mounted and working

*sniff*  I have two things I have lost steam in, if you or anyone wants em.

1: LA2A intended for turret/ handwired O.G. (original gangsta) style. I have the nice hammond powder coated grey chassis (undrilled) and a new suitable 120vAC power transformer (forgot #).

2: Matador C12 mic project. *maybe*

prefer to keep it in N.America, super-prefer US for ease.

I have a pair of G9 tube preamps in 500 series that I never started on.
They look like a fun build but I have too many projects in the works

Face it. DIY is a disease. How many compressors do I need? Um, ALL OF THEM! How many mics? HOW MANY ARE OUT THERE?
How many Preamps? That's easy: every decent preamp ever made.

Sigh.

SKJGProject said:
still haven't finished mine due to some missing transistors but out of interest how did you manage to kill the inductivity?

i put the unit in a 51x rack with a wrong PSU attached to it... i'm a Genius :)

Latest posts

Back