Hairball Audio LOLA Direct Input (DI) issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj68sd

Looking to see if Mike or someone can help!
I built two Lola pres. LOLA 1 is just amazing...The second LOLA's DI sounds a bit distorted, and has a swirling sound at high gain levels.  All the MIC preamp / Line tests completed  on both pres yield identical results, so the issue is definitely isolated to the DI circuit.  I even plugged in my Bass to a NEVE RNDI and ran it through the second pre's mic gain circuit  just to check, and it sounded great.  I went back and double checked that all component values and positions matched the parts list and lined up with pre 1.  My guess would be a short on the board, or across a component etc.  (Bad component possibly??) I looked at the former through a magnified photo, but I don't see anything.  Does anyone know which components make up the DI circuit before it hits the amplification circuit etc?  Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

I also built the Lola this weekend and I'm having the same issue as you were in this post.  Mic input and line are perfect but the Di in has a high noise floor and the signal is distorted (like a bad fuzz).

Have you resolved your issue?  If so, any info would be very helpful for me as I'm trying to resolve this now.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back