Script Logo 421 Clip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

I have a few 421's in the locker and I recently noticed something I haven't in the past.  My script logo (very low serial number) doesn't seem to have the little circle cut out of the slot where the clip goes.  I don't have an original clip for the mic and was wondering if anyone had one that is similar and what the clip is supposed to look like for this particular version.  I have the shockmount that kind of holds the mic by sheer pressure (scary a bit), and this is the only clip i can really use for the mic without the fear of it just slipping off the clip.  Thanks

Anthony

Hi Anthony, The first series of MD421 did not have that cut slot you talking about. I have one of those too, but I never had the original adapter, so I cut the round thing that I can use the later adapters, that lock on the mic.  I have no idea how the original adapter looks like. The later adapters fit though, but do not lock.

thanks for the reply and confirmation.  The question now, is, do i cut the mic to make the clip work or keep it all original.  (does yours sound a LOT better than the new versions?)  Mine is night and day especially on the bottom end.

ln76d, I'll try and take a pic the next time im at the studio.

I have to agree, my MKII sounds the worst out of the bunch.  I have the original, a -U (i think, the label is pretty mangled) and the MKII.  Id like to pick up a 2 at some point as others have mentioned that tended to be a pretty decent run.

MKII have the same capsule as MD422, but somehow i prefer MD422 (maybe due to slightly different headbasket?).

Latest posts

Back