Attachments getting lost, not showing up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

A simple work-around that works for me: write the text, preview, edit, do whatever you need to do in the normal course of posting until all the grammar and syntax are correct (for me, I spend a lot of time with this part, wrestling with translating from Gene's world ---> Real world), and when you are ready to go, add the attachment last, and hit "post".

Attachments seem to get lost in the "preview" step.

FWIW,
Gene

interesting.  I usually can't see attachments in the preview step anyway, can you? 

I have never had attachments work except as last step before POST.

I can go back with EDIT to fix typos.

emrr said:
interesting.  I usually can't see attachments in the preview step anyway, can you?
No, never could, but they were still there when posting.

An experiment: I have attached a silly jpeg ...

Previewed, still says it is attached..

Previewed again, still says it is attached... and now post.

I'm still having this problem every time I try to post an attachment. Tried using two different PC's (win 7 and win 10) and one mobile device (Android kit Kat stock browser). May it's only happening on somewhat larger files? I notice the little ones seem to be showing up. The ones I'm trying to post are 200-300kb.

jdurango said:
I'm still having this problem every time I try to post an attachment. Tried using two different PC's (win 7 and win 10) and one mobile device (Android kit Kat stock browser). May it's only happening on somewhat larger files? I notice the little ones seem to be showing up. The ones I'm trying to post are 200-300kb.
Attachments:
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf, png, txt, brd, sch, lbr, svg
Restrictions: 1 per post, maximum individual size 2048KB

My solution to the problem is to wait for a few seconds after you posted, modify message, clear attachment, and re-attach.

Usually if you look at the status bar of your browser (bottom left in my case) you can see the progress of an image being uploaded when you post, If you click away from your posting before this completes the upload does not complete and you see no attachment. If you wait and then click away it is OK.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Usually if you look at the status bar of your browser (bottom left in my case) you can see the progress of an image being uploaded when you post, If you click away from your posting before this completes the upload does not complete and you see no attachment. If you wait and then click away it is OK.

Cheers

Ian

I do not see any download status

I waited a few minutes to see if that makes a difference. (apparently not)

JR

Latest posts

Back