Any thoughts on this other then the price is good so try it and see?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worry about properly engineered clearance/creepage, component limits, and insulation ratings for 1200VDC output on such a board  :eek:

That said, I wouldn't be above trying it  8)

best part is you can remove the 0Ω resistor and get 50ma current at the output... I even found a less expensive board Identical in design but did not have the screw terminals.

I don't see any UL or CSA marking.

The small 8 pin chip looks like it's soldered in crooked (probably works but a marketing photo should look better than that).

You get what pay for, maybe trouble,

JR

> I don't see any UL or CSA marking.

Input is presumably from a wall-wart, so UL/CSA is not interested.

> a marketing photo should look better than that

I think you can estimate how much Marketing goes into $7.90 free shipping.

They offer larger ones in side-links. I would not gimmick this to much over 300V 20mA. But that will power tubes.

PRR said:
> I don't see any UL or CSA marking.

Input is presumably from a wall-wart, so UL/CSA is not interested.

> a marketing photo should look better than that

I think you can estimate how much Marketing goes into $7.90 free shipping.

They offer larger ones in side-links. I would not gimmick this to much over 300V 20mA. But that will power tubes.

UL is technically interested in anything that can catch on fire. There are generally pretty casual about low voltages (I used thousands of wallwarts at Peavey for that very reason).

JR

you may get lucky with chinese roulette ! almost all the low cost stuff I've tried falls short in some way
maybe they copied some decent design, but found a way to make it even cheaper,

could be a good sticky , cheap things worth it / not worth it

Back