4301p compressor question...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Iprovlek!

Yes, i know those design notes, but this means more parts... and more chances to build errors... ;D
Anyway i'm working on a solution!

jay x

Hi!

1.) Today arose the point of pot orientation... ::).I suppose that the black dots on the schematic pots signals the turn direction of the potentiometer as viewed from the front (shaft side).  left 1, center 2, Right 3.

So, for example VR7 comp ratio pot, turns Clockwise to the right... this means pin1 is gnd... and pin 3 is connected to R26/D5 right?

The other pots are a bit more clear:

VR6 threshold pot turns clockwise.. so pin 1 is connected to V+ and pin3 to V-
VR8 gain pot turns clockwise... so pin 1 is connected to  V- and pin 3 to V+

Symmetry pot:  pin1 V+, pin 3 V-

Attack:  pin1 V- , pin3 V+
Release: pin 1 V+, pin 3 V-

Any correction is wellcome!! :)

2.) To recap a bit, the pole at SW3a connected to R26||R31 is the point where to connect the buffer to the compression meter. (made with LM3914).

3.) Input and output levels are measured at master in/ master out points, with a peak meter made with LM3915.

Thank you for your advise!

Jay X.

Hi!

I spent some days figuring how to make the stereo link, and after reading some other threads around here, i think i'm in the right track...but maybe there are some subtleties i'm missing, so, please correct me if i'm wrong!... ;)

To make a stereo link in the 500 format, I have to place a trace from the 4301 CT pin5 ---> 525 stereo link in the board edge connector. ¿Right?.  A switch enables/disables this connection.  And at the lunch box a jumper has to be placed or removed...

Jay x

And JAY!!!

All CW are PIN 3 on potentiometer so that mean that every GND is PIN 3 on potentiometer!!!

On Treshold, Compression on Gain 3 PIN is marked with DOT....

Hi Iprovlek!

Ok!. I corrected the layout...Pin6 stereo link!!

All CW are PIN 3 on potentiometer so that mean that every GND is PIN 3 on potentiometer!!!

On Treshold, Compression on Gain 3 PIN is marked with DOT....

let's see... Pin3  viewing the pot from the front...right?  so left pin 1 is  INPUT,  middle Pin2 is output and righ pin 3 is GND. ¿right?... ???

Yes JAY!!!

CW is always PIN 3 on potentiometer!!! CCW is PIN 1 on pot!!!

So compression goes on PIN 1,PIN 2 goes through, and PIN 3 goes to GND!!! 

Hi Iprovlek!

Attached is a picture of how i eired the compressor controls. I hope they are correct!  :)

Note: D5 is a diode in the THAT schematic design note DN115.
Jay x

Latest posts

Back