Trying to find info on Haufe ST965 tansformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot

Hey guys!

Does anyone happen to have any info on Haufe ST965 transformer?
I've tried google and found nothing. Then I've tried mailing to Haufe but they are not responding...

I know it's a line transformer 1:1 but I'm trying to figure out it's impedance (10k or 600r)
Does anyone know?

:)

Luka

Thanks for the tip!
But now I'm even more confused!
I measured 33R on one side and 36R on the other.
I would assume the one with 33R is primary.

Would that be that this transformer is 300R:300R?

As per Humner's advice, I emailed and got response. So now I have the datasheet!
This transformer is 600:600

I have posted the datasheet to technical documents section if someone ever has need for it
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=64364.msg822227#msg822227

shot said:
As per Humner's advice, I emailed and got response. So now I have the datasheet!

I have posted the datasheet to technical documents section if someone ever has need for it

That's a good point, I should also update the tech docs section with my datasheet as well!

shot said:

I came across this because I "found" 2 of these in my stock (longtime projects of like god knows how long ago so to speak) and I am a happy fish with this information. Thanks @spot!
I was looking for transformers to create a linebox and it looks like I can already start off right away.
A bit of a bummer (maybe not so bit after all)  is the fact they run 'only' 40Hz-15kHz +/-1dB. I had a feeling they were not that boutique as Jensen or Lundahl. But they probably do allright once in a while when ground separation is a necessity in my sound engineering work.

Curious how they sound and how they measure with the spectrum analyzer.

This bandwidth specification was a minimum requirement for the German broadcasting. It is quite likely that these transformers can do better. You have to measure them to get their real data. Keep us posted, plz!

Thanks for this information Rock, because it gave me the inspiration to really do something with them now.
I have assembled an isolation box with them and this is how it looks.
I did a quick test in my DAW with pink noise (spectrum analyzer) and white noise (FFT curve). All incredibly flat between 20 Hz ~ 20kHz, like a candle we say. And no slopes at the boundaries , so it must easily go even beyond these. even 16 Hz was there.  ;D

Attachments

• IMG_3691.jpg
    IMG_3691.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Final product 3:

Sound is great. The strange thing is that if I insert it and route a random mix that I made thought it, it kind of "blends" a bit, creating a tiny bit of glue between the instruments.

Tomorrow I am directly taking it for a more serious spin and will insert it between the mixer and the L/R system in a theater in the Netherlands where I am working as the FOH engineer (concert).

Thanks again chaps for handing me the necessary info about the transformers!

Attachments

• C1FC07EE-4D12-4877-AEF5-6636FA624AB4.JPEG
    C1FC07EE-4D12-4877-AEF5-6636FA624AB4.JPEG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back